Maine

suit advice

My FI recently got 2 new suits that both look good on him.  One is black pinstripe, and the other is tan (although I think it has some black/dark brown flecks, it's not super light).  He got both because he'll use them professionally and needed new suits, but we are trying to decide between them for the wedding. 

We are not having a wedding party.  Our brothers will be holding the chuppah, and they'll be wearing black suits, probably with these blue/black striped ties I picked up (FI won't wear a matching tie, but he'll probably have some blue in his tie).  The ceremony is outside, the reception is inside, in July, beginning at 1 pm. 

Tan or pinstripe suit? 

Re: suit advice

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you a big fan of matching for pictures? Also, where is your wedding going to fall in the range of formality? My thoughts are: if you're interested in people matching a bit more in pictures or if you're having a more formal affair, go with the black. If not, tan might be a nice change from the ordinary pictures, since it's an afternoon ceremony. Another consideration you may want to think about is: what will compliment your dress best?

...or he could be the one to do a wardrobe change in the middle...from tan to black! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    lol @ the wardrobe change idea. 

It won't be ridiculously formal--I expect men will wear suits and ladies will wear cocktail length dresses (that's what it's called, right?), but it's the Sunday afternoon of a holiday weekend.  Not too worried about people matching in photos, especially since we won't have the bridesmaid/groomsmen shots. 

I was thinking about posting a picture of my dress in my OP.  It's http://derekiang.com/Wedding-Gown-11046.html. Corset back, chiffon skirt.  Light ivory.  I'm having the seamstress remove a layer of crinoline so the skirt will be more flowy.  I was kind of thinking the tan might look nicer with the dress actually. 

Edited to make the link work (sorry).
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Gorgeous dress!!!! I agree with you - I think the tan would like really nice. I think it would give things a very summery feel. Especially if you're taking out a layer of crinoline, I vote tan. 

(I'm still a fan of the wardrobe change - how hilarious would that be???)

I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the look of tan suits for summer weddings.  Go for that!  He's the groom - he doesn't need to match anybody but you.  :)  Throw in a colorful tie and pocket square + your flowers = awesome!
    Married 9.4.11
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto - I vote tan
  • edited December 2011
    I am feeling really good about the tan, thanks, ladies!  Thanks for the dress compliments, too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards