Chit Chat

The Princess Bride Shower or Bachelorette Party Theme

NEED HELP....The brides favorite movie is The Princess Bride.
We are doing a shower and bachelorette party on the same day. (different times)
Want to some how use the movie as a theme for one or both of the events.
I need to go rent the movie because I do not remember it at all.

Any ideas on how to use this theme?
Also would love to find an inexpensive crown that kind of looks like the one she has on the cover of the movie for the bride to wear out for the bachelorette party...anyone know where I can find it...I have been googling for like an hour...no luck.

Thanks ladies, been long time since I have been on here.

Re: The Princess Bride Shower or Bachelorette Party Theme

• Well, you will need a giant, a small, shrewd Sicillian, a tall Spaniard with daddy issues, and a man with 6 fingers on his left hand. OOOH and don't forget the R.O.U.S. You can roll down a grassy hill screaming "As you wish", play mind games with poisoned wine, or have a sword fight.

Really, I have no idea how you would have that theme at a bridal shower. The movie really doesn't have any appetizing food, or cute outfits. Maybe if you all dressed in empire waist gowns..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You could serve princess buttercup 'cupcakes' ormake lady fingers and try to use them with the 6 fingered man thing.

After she opens each gift you could say "as you wish" lol

I have no clue.

As for the tiara, I'd just get a regular tiara and be done with it. Sounds like a pain looking for that exact crown.

You could also do a Princess Bride trivia and use the bride in the questions.....

like...if groom was nearly dead and was given a magical pill to come back to life, what would he say? "true love "

I don't know...maybe stupid ideas.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I will walk up to the six-fingered man and say, Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father; prepare to die.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• It may even be fun to give out props from various characters to the shower attendees....like a 6 fingred glove, a crown, a sword, a spaniard moustache, a mask, a bible, etc.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • OOOOhhh. that quote made me remember a cool thing. A theater in our are does sing alongs and quote alongs for cult classic movies. They have one for the Princess Bride, where everyone watches the movie together, with beer, and basically recites the whole movie in unison. Awesome girls night activity.

You could see if there is a Scene It trivia game, or make one up, for the princess bride, and see who can quote the most lines just from seeing the scene. OR you could put a card on each person's crown with a character name on it and everyone has to treat them like that character until they can figure out who they are.. a la the old time parlor game shown in the bloody bar scene in Inglourious Basterds.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Wow, the juices are flowing now...
    FOr a bachelorette party, I am assuming you are going out drinking. Have her wear or carry a plain white shirt and see how many guys named Wesley will sign her shirt "as you wish"

And be on the lookout for R.O.U.S.. you know.. Rednecks of Unusual Size.... or Reefer of Unusual Scent.. Im sure you can find quite a few of both on a night out in the metroplex.

• Sarah - awesome ideas!  Especially the" scavenger hunt" for  ROUSs.

WHich actually makes me think of a scavenger hunt for people and things in the movie.
    sword
    pitcher
    mask
    pirate
    giant (something)
    spanish (something)
    eel
    wine
    book
    bellow
    automatic winner: 6 fingered man

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007