Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs

Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:be87749a-ec15-4957-8378-87a73763f67b">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : He won't let you?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

To quote Meatlloaf, "You took the words right out of mouth."
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:11d9715c-368a-4f89-af31-dced8fa79fe8">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge my lazy ass coworker who claims to be "very very busy" all the time but produces absolutely nothing.  And I judge my bosses for being fully aware of her behavior but doing nothing about it for a year. I am also irrationally<strong> irritated by FI, who wont let me go dress shopping with my mom and grandma when we go home in a few weeks</strong>. I know its way early, which is why it is irrational, but I only get home once a year (twice if I am lucky) and they have kindly offered to help pay for my dress so they have to be with me.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

Let? huh? Why?

edit: oops, everyone bet me. Sorry to pile on. But I am confused.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:be87749a-ec15-4957-8378-87a73763f67b">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : He won't let you?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Mostly he is just pitching a fit about it. He says we have too much planned already for the weekend, which isnt true.  I think his issue is he really wants to go visit his sister, which is fine but she lives across the state and we will be seeing her in August. I'm not going for it because I would rather we spend time with my family when the primary purpose of the visit is to do exactly that.  I think he also thinks dress shopping is day-long event, and in reality we would go to one shop for one 2 hour appointment.  I love J to death, but he certainly is a stubborn man.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:25b8cdf0-ca89-4f11-9d5e-f81896854368">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : What is this from?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I feel like I vaguely recall a bunch of Nesties/Bumpies coming here because one of their friends got banned from over there and they were sending smoke signals to each other via the Knot. 

I could be wrong though.

ETA:  I am wrong. 
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:1def5f94-f2a5-4ed1-8354-16443ed021f5">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : Mostly he is just pitching a fit about it. He says we have too much planned already for the weekend, which isnt true.  I think his issue is he really wants to go visit his sister, which is fine but she lives across the state and we will be seeing her in August. I'm not going for it because I would rather we spend time with my family when the primary purpose of the visit is to do exactly that.  I think he also thinks dress shopping is day-long event, and in reality we would go to one shop for one 2 hour appointment.  I love J to death, but he certainly is a stubborn man.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

What I would do is tell him to go visit his sister and you go shopping with your family.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    Another thing that irritated me (also an I judge) happened last Friday night.  We went to Stop 'n Shop to get a movie from Redbox.  This guy pulls up in his truck, parks in the fire lane, and then runs inside.  It was a Friday night.  Do you know how many open parking spaces there were!?!  And was he doing something quick?  Apparently not.  In the time that it took DH and I to go in and rent a movie, his car was STILL there!  I wanted to go leave him a nasty letter.  He couldn't park 10 feet away in a legal parking space!?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:f0f19e62-6570-4af9-844d-676f5e4719e8">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : I feel like I vaguely recall a bunch of Nesties/Bumpies coming here because one of their friends got banned from over there and they were sending smoke signals to each other via the Knot.  I could be wrong though.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

<div>As far as I know that had nothing to do with AbbeyS. She used to post here like a year ago and she was crazy. That's what I was referring to.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm irritated that H is mad at me right now. I made plans to go see The Avengers (again, H and I saw it opening night together) with a few friends tonight. I invited H to go with us. At first he was into it, but now that we're not going to the theatre he wanted to go to, he's pissed at me (I'm the one doing the planning). I told him before that it was a possibility it could be one of two theatres, and it just ended up being that this one is showing at a better time for my friends (who have a 7 month old and had to get a babysitter). H is all pouty because he wants to go to the other theatre because the other one has a nice dining option and seats that vibrate with the bass from the movie.

ARG! I just want to see the damn movie again because I liked it the first time! Why is that so hard for him to understand!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:989eefff-00f6-496a-abc6-8f04d0568724">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : As far as I know that had nothing to do with AbbeyS. She used to post here like a year ago and she was crazy. That's what I was referring to.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad.  Sorry, I was completely wrong. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:874bff16-2ed1-4cfe-b486-daac60ee3c3b">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : What I would do is tell him to go visit his sister and you go shopping with your family. Problem solved.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

This is precisely what I proposed.  Frankly, I could do without two visits with his family this summer even if we dont end up dress shopping- they are a little overwhelming sometimes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    SEWF - that's pretty irritating.  If he doesn't like it, then don't go.  Quit being a whiny baby!
  • Options
    I'm irritated at one of my classmates. He just found out that the college is requiring tickets for graduation next month, which they have never done in the past. I'm not even graduating this June, but even I knew that. Graduates are given tickets for five guests, though they may trade them or whatever.

My classmate invited 35 people to the ceremony. WTF?
  • Options
    Wow.  I don't think I know 35 people that would want to watch me graduate.  Hell, I'm not sure I could scrape together 10.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:89c4f333-154c-4eea-8cf1-8512b2395149">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]SEWF - that's pretty irritating.  If he doesn't like it, then don't go.  Quit being a whiny baby!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

<div>I told him that. He'll probably stay home and play Skyrim. Whatever. He even said he wants to go to the other theatre for more of a date night, when we can have the dinner and it be just the two of us. WTH did he think tonight was going to be like with my friends there? Sorry. He just really pissed me off, and we were fighting over the phone about this (and we hardly ever fight), and when I called him back to talk about it, he said we'd just talk at home. Ugh. Even his mom makes fun of his whining, but he doesn't do it much with me, so it's especially pissing me off.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:150af34d-3145-49bb-bd84-c79737761053">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated at one of my classmates. He just found out that the college is requiring tickets for graduation next month, which they have never done in the past. I'm not even graduating this June, but even I knew that. Graduates are given tickets for five guests, though they may trade them or whatever. My classmate invited 35 people to the ceremony. WTF?
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Who in their right mind invites 35 people to commencement? Seriously.  Even if they had a large family, who can find 35 people willing to sit through two rounds of pomp and circumstance and all those speeches?  One of my first jobs out of college was coordinating large events including Commencement, and I cannot even fathom finding 35 people to go to Commencement for anyone.  We got 5 tickets, that's it. 
  • Options
    I have divorced parents, and I can't even think of 35 people who want to come.  I think I ended up having 8 people (we only got 4 tickets, so I had to ask for more).

Want to know what I'm not irritated about?  The fact that I don't have to defriend anybody on FB about this NC ammendment and subsequent declaration by the President.  Everyone seems to be over the moon!  If I have family and friends who are against it, they aren't very vocal.
  • Options
    There were tickets for my HS graduation. My brother couldn't go because we didn't have enough tickets. 

I don't think we had that in college though. But since my college was so big my graduation ceremony would have only been with half of the liberal arts people I didn't go so I don't know what they did for sure. 

Didn't go to my grad school graduation either. I wonder if I'll make it for the next round.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Not only could I not think of 35 people to invite to my graduation, I would have an even harder time thinking of 35 people who give a flying fvck. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:75d0c388-7b62-44d1-917a-65513f1c14bb">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : Mine is post office related.  Our new neighbor wants to put up a mailbox and has talked DH into putting one up too.  WTF? The post office is less than a mile away, we are the only two houses back here, I am used to the PO BOX, plus I live in mortal fear of identity theft!  I don't want the damn mailbox - I will gladly pay the yearly fee. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

I judge people who throw their puppies to the ground  out of anger leaving them with lifelong limps :(
  • Options
    I have no desire whatsoever to ever attend another graduation, even my own. I'll go to my brother's, but that's because he's going to make me call him "Doctor" by the end of the day. I get that it's a BFD to him, so I'll go.

My mom told me I have to participate in my graduation ceremony. She did the finger-jabbing, stern-face thing. I think I'll conveniently forget to register to walk.
  • Options
    We had tickets for my HS graduation, too, and people were pissed. It's always in the chapel, though, so it was no big surprise.

We had tickets for convocation, where they read your name, but not for graduation, which was held over in the arena by Giants stadium. People invited tons of people and didn't fill up the arena.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:028c6f78-9277-4a01-8010-8f79f15b7c0f">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am irrationally angry that I won't get to watch TB because I am too cheap to spring for HBO. It's my own fault, but I'll blame it on HBO. I feel like such a bitch, but I've been getting irrationally angry with a girl who works with me. nShe's ew and very sweet, but she always stops me to compliment me on my clothes. It's very nice, but I have shiit to do and it's never a quick, "I like your dress!" It's always "OMG I love your sweater! So cute! You have the best stuff! Where did you get it? Omg, I love it!" It's all very nice and flattering, but I'm about to pee on my leg as I run to the bathroom in between classes. I don't have time for it. And then I feel like an asshole for being annoyed. 
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

I judge this
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:657279a0-6c1f-4f5e-9799-da7c0592c4a7">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : What? Who does this?! I'm confused.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Rachers, I'm super confused by a few things in this post. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:647f8d24-8ad6-4c4f-8118-2fd6fc917605">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : I judge people who throw their puppies to the ground  out of anger leaving them with lifelong limps :(
    Posted by expiredbride[/QUOTE]
    Look who pops in. 
  • Options
    i legitimately love the word NOM. it's legit, yo.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:2a40b032-64fd-4adb-a76f-6327dfce95fe">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : I judge this
    Posted by jessieandharry[/QUOTE]

<div>Why?</div>
  • Options
    I don't know "expiredbride", but I do remember someone a long time ago kicking dogs or being really mad at the dog or something like that.  It could have been AbbeyS.  My Knot memory is not very good.  Anna?  Fische?  Mandy?  Bueller?  Bueller?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irriatations-i-judge-whatevs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d859ea58-fe10-4d12-ada4-9f4b23483574Post:2a40b032-64fd-4adb-a76f-6327dfce95fe">Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irriatations, I Judge, Whatevs : I judge this
    Posted by jessieandharry[/QUOTE]

Okay?
  • Options
    Where's Rosie?  She has the memory of an elephant.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards