New Jersey - South

Cape May

Re: Cape May

• edited August 2012
    Ours is July 19th 2013 :-). So excited forit to be here.

Any one have any ideas on a good, affordable DJ? We have one in mind, but we want to look around.
  • Im getting married in Cape May 9/20/13, we are in need of a florist, dj and bakery.. please send me any good information you have. 13 months and counting!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:36a3932b-72fa-4adf-aac2-6b66fae71e44">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im getting married in Cape May 9/20/13, we are in need of a florist, dj and bakery.. please send me any good information you have. 13 months and counting!!!
    Posted by ascotti123[/QUOTE]

Hey! I grew up in Cape May and we are not getting married there. I can tell you Kate's Flower Shop is local and amazing. She will help you every step of the way. For DJ, I recommend Jeff Walden if you can get him. He is local and DJ's everywhere around Cape May. He will keep the party going. And for bakery, Cape May Bakers. We used them all growing up for birthdays and special ocassions. Delicious!! Goodluck!
  • Looking for luxury car rental for Cape May.  This is something my fiance was really excited about so I think we are going to spring for it for us and have the bridal party go in a trolley.  We would love to do a  lamborgini or Bentley, does anyone know of any good companies in the area that possibly rent by the hour?  We could also do a 24 hour rental but I am sure that costs more.

Thanks!
  • Has anyone ever hired a valet service in cape may they can recommend? our reception is at the alcott where there is no parking lot. i know its a walking town but the groom's family is worried about elderly people, rain, etc. 
  • My fiance and I rented a Trolley from Great American Trolley, it is so cute and they let you bring drinks on and decorate!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:352a278e-2b4f-475a-ad51-ddf684cc5669">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for luxury car rental for Cape May.  This is something my fiance was really excited about so I think we are going to spring for it for us and have the bridal party go in a trolley.  We would love to do a  lamborgini or Bentley, does anyone know of any good companies in the area that possibly rent by the hour?  We could also do a 24 hour rental but I am sure that costs more. Thanks!
    Posted by Monty481[/QUOTE]
  • I'm getting married on 9/7/2013 at the new Convention Hall.  It just opened up in May, I think their first wedding is sometime this September.  Anybody else doing this?  

We have to bring in everything (china, flatware, glasses, linens, chairs).  We want to do the ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the deck, and reception inside.  Anyone have any suggestions for local vendors, specifically, bartenders and liquor caterers and vendors for dinnerware? 

We are doing an Indian wedding for about 150 people, we checked out a bunch of places in Cape May: Hotel Alcott, Ocean Club, Grand Hotel, Ocean Beach Yacht Club.  We have to serve Indian food, but if that wasn't a requirement, we'd definately go with Katyln Delaney from Grand Hotel. Its the only other place we found that was big enough and she is so sweet and accommodating!  
  • I know the couple getting married this weekend for the first wedding at Convention Hall. My parents are attending so I will let you know how things flowed there!

Try to contact Joe Canal's for liquor caterers. We are using them. A big thing there, is whatever you do not use, you can return! Try Wildwood Linen for linens and dinnerware. They are pretty well priced and are great to work with. I am not sure if you have found flowers, but Kate's Flower Shop is local and wonderful. Goodluck with everything!!

Ascotti - I have tried to contact The Great American Trolley company but still have not received an email. If you don't mind, how much are they charging? We will have about 100 guests to transport around and will only need them from about 545pm until maybe 7pm.
  • I believe we are paying 1100 total for 3 hours for the bigger one. We didnt have much choice because we are getting married irish weekend so they are already booked but i do know they have cheaper ones that are still nice. we loved them, the driver was at a bridal show and he actually sold us on it!
    <div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:de59b7bc-1085-4c0f-b160-58a51a211e18">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know the couple getting married this weekend for the first wedding at Convention Hall. My parents are attending so I will let you know how things flowed there! Try to contact Joe Canal's for liquor caterers. We are using them. A big thing there, is whatever you do not use, you can return! Try Wildwood Linen for linens and dinnerware. They are pretty well priced and are great to work with. I am not sure if you have found flowers, but Kate's Flower Shop is local and wonderful. Goodluck with everything!! Ascotti - I have tried to contact The Great American Trolley company but still have not received an email. If you don't mind, how much are they charging? We will have about 100 guests to transport around and will only need them from about 545pm until maybe 7pm.
    Posted by Mrs&MrAdams[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • <div><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;">Thanks so much for the help!  </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;">Do you know how the wedding ended up going?  We were sent some pics of the lighting and cocktail hour (set ups only).  Looked pretty!  </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;">This is really helpful since we have to bring in alot!</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;">Thanks again!</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:normal;"> </p></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:de59b7bc-1085-4c0f-b160-58a51a211e18">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know the couple getting married this weekend for the first wedding at Convention Hall. My parents are attending so I will let you know how things flowed there! Try to contact Joe Canal's for liquor caterers. We are using them. A big thing there, is whatever you do not use, you can return! Try Wildwood Linen for linens and dinnerware. They are pretty well priced and are great to work with. I am not sure if you have found flowers, but Kate's Flower Shop is local and wonderful. Goodluck with everything!! Ascotti - I have tried to contact The Great American Trolley company but still have not received an email. If you don't mind, how much are they charging? We will have about 100 guests to transport around and will only need them from about 545pm until maybe 7pm.
  • My parents said the wedding went beautifully! They had Washington Inn cater, and my parents are very picky with food and said ti was delicious. They said everything flowed perfectly.

I can try to get other names of vendors if you still need them, but it seems like it's going to be a perfect place for a wedding!!

We are still trying to figure out any type of transportation for the bridal party, we don't have much money to spend so any ideas are appreciated!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:d6f0665b-58d7-4baa-b3eb-bbd5abd47e62">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much for the help!     Do you know how the wedding ended up going?  We were sent some pics of the lighting and cocktail hour (set ups only).  Looked pretty!     This is really helpful since we have to bring in alot!   Thanks again!   In Response to Re: Cape May :
    Posted by Ttewari[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:6abe773f-239c-41f9-865d-87995304cbab">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents said the wedding went beautifully! They had Washington Inn cater, and my parents are very picky with food and said ti was delicious. They said everything flowed perfectly. I can try to get other names of vendors if you still need them, but it seems like it's going to be a perfect place for a wedding!! We are still trying to figure out any type of transportation for the bridal party, we don't have much money to spend so any ideas are appreciated! In Response to Re: Cape May :

I have been trying to find pictures of what the cape may convention center looks like, but have been unsuccessful. Do you know what photographer the bride & groom used? I really would like to see what it looks like.
  • I'll see what I can find out!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:7eae078e-475a-4919-9bf1-163649695d4d">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cape May : I have been trying to find pictures of what the cape may convention center looks like, but have been unsuccessful. Do you know what photographer the bride & groom used? I really would like to see what it looks like.
    Posted by lren2882[/QUOTE]
  • Do you know if where you are getting married on the beach has some sort of power connection?  I am really into doing a beach wedding, but I want to walk down the isle to music

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:16e16c6d-a149-4fd2-b21a-8f9d466c7909">Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reading through posts, it seems like there are a couple of Cape May brides here. Just curious, who is getting married in Cape May and where are your ceremonies and receptions going to be? I am getting married at the Peter Shields. If it is nice outside (fingers crossed!) I am going to get married on the beach right across the street from the Inn.
    Posted by caityinphilly[/QUOTE]
  • I am trying to figure out music right now too. As far as I know, there is no power connection where I am on Mt Vernon Ave. There may be in the Pavillion on Second Ave. Let me know if you find anything out!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:f24f3a0e-ed20-4bb9-a51c-1bb2bc5468a1">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know if where you are getting married on the beach has some sort of power connection?  I am really into doing a beach wedding, but I want to walk down the isle to music In Response to Cape May :
    Posted by Audrey Spence[/QUOTE]
  • Hey,

We are trying to do linen pants for the groomsmen. Does any one know where to find some more affordable linen pants? We have found some great ones but they are over $100 a pair!

Thanks
  • Hi everyone...I am 48yrs old and got engaged on 11-16-2012...We are thinking about getting married in Cape May at the gazebo that overlooks the ocean.  At most it will be about fifty guests. I would love if we could have a caterer there so that we can enjoy the weddding site as we have dinner...

I have no idea if we could do this or not..anyone with any info or that could point me in the direction that I need to go PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Triple Oaks nursey in Franklinville Nj  856 694-4272 They do GREAT WORK!!

• Hey!

If you are talking about the 2nd Ave Pavillion, I don't think you can cater there! I at least, have never seen it done. The Grand may be a great place for that as they have a second floor outdoor space that looks beautifully onto the beach and over the city!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:1067c591-addf-44bb-a7e4-61542a462e3d">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone...I am 48yrs old and got engaged on 11-16-2012...We are thinking about getting married in Cape May at the gazebo that overlooks the ocean.  At most it will be about fifty guests. I would love if we could have a caterer there so that we can enjoy the weddding site as we have dinner...   I have no idea if we could do this or not..anyone with any info or that could point me in the direction that I need to go PLEASE HELP!!!
    Posted by mbandjd[/QUOTE]
  • edited February 2013
    The Grand Hotel has 2 smaller rooms that should be able to cater to 50 guests. I am getting married there this September and Katlyn is wonderful to work with and I have heard nothing but great things!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:1067c591-addf-44bb-a7e4-61542a462e3d">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone...I am 48yrs old and got engaged on 11-16-2012...We are thinking about getting married in Cape May at the gazebo that overlooks the ocean.  At most it will be about fifty guests. I would love if we could have a caterer there so that we can enjoy the weddding site as we have dinner...   I have no idea if we could do this or not..anyone with any info or that could point me in the direction that I need to go PLEASE HELP!!!
    Posted by mbandjd[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:37bad60d-d51d-4f79-90b9-4e4f3bf5c359">Re: Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey ladies im a cape may bride also! when are you guys gtting married? im getting married at the corinthians yacht club, september 13,2013.
    Posted by agarlit[/QUOTE]

I am getting married on the beach at Mount Vernon and reception is at the Ocean Club Hotel in the Sea Salt on 9/14/13
  • I'm getting married 10/18/13 At issac smith vineyard.

In Response to <a href="http://jerseyshore.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_cape-may?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:7ef2c300-d2b5-4726-8234-b7d8fa699f85Post:16e16c6d-a149-4fd2-b21a-8f9d466c7909">Cape May</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reading through posts, it seems like there are a couple of Cape May brides here. Just curious, who is getting married in Cape May and where are your ceremonies and receptions going to be? I am getting married at the Peter Shields. If it is nice outside (fingers crossed!) I am going to get married on the beach right across the street from the Inn.
    Posted by caityinphilly[/QUOTE]
  • Can any Cape May brides who are planning or who planned on getting married on the beach tell me what kind of back up plan you had in case of bad weather?? Currently, getting married 8/3 at Higbee Beach and didn't quite think through the bad weather possibliity because as everyone has been telilng me.. it's not going to rain! Any help or suggestions for back up plans?
  •  Hello beauitful brides,
    i'm looking to have a multi-racial/religion wedding in cape May. 
    we're looking for a house with a large backyard to host indian pre-wedding cermonies, with a beach wedding and perhaps a brunch at the mad batter the day after indian wedding. 
    any recomendaitons on:
     1. property (how to find the right house)
     2. vendors (how to chose- food & flowers)
     3. how to get married on the baech 

any suggestions is appreciated, 
    hugs to all
  • I just got engaged and getting married in Cape May has been my dream since I was a little girl. I can't wait to read every entry here and find some good tips!

Could someone pretty please maybe give me a list of a few Cape May venues that are somewhat affordable? Affordable being between $80 and $100/pp (before tax and gratuity). I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
  • Your dj should be able to provide a small, portable sound system (I.e. a bose boom box) for the beach that won't need a power source. That is what my dj doing for me.
  • Hello Everyone,

I am getting married in Cape May in March 2014.  I'm looking for hotels that will allow guests to stay for one night.  I know I am taking a shot in the dark, because almost everywhere in Cape May requires a two night minimum stay and the majority of hotels aren't even open.  If you have any suggestions at all, they would be greatly appreciated!
  • edited June 2013
  • lrenbelcherlrenbelcher member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Hi Everyone,
    I am getting married at the Cape May Convention Hall 8-9-14. We are inviting 250 people. I know that August is the peak season for going to the shore.  I was wondering what others have done for hotel accomadations. Any suggestions?
  • Me and my FI are getting married at mount Vernon beach reception at the Ocean club hotel-sea salt restaurant. Makeup Jim DeMarco he is so talented an award winning makeup artist. Just had my makeup trial today and it looks amazing. Photographer Jensen Photography (good prices, and two photographers) and hair JNA studios :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards