New York

Wine suggestions

Ok...because I am a control freak...my BMs are allowing me to help with planning of my bridal shower....so...the centerpieces are wine basket type things.  I am fairly new to wine drinking (like within past year or two) and only really favor like 2 or three wines.  I love Red Cat, Relax, and some Newt thingy.  Does anyone have any other suggestions that will make for more of a variety wihout breaking the bank?

Re: Wine suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Are you interested in Red or White?  Do you want to keep the wine local?
    I'm a huge fan of Red Tail Ridge (a small winery on the west side of Seneca Lake).  All of their wines are fantastic, but my favorite is probably the Semi-Dry Riesling.  Their bottles run about $20. 
    Dr. Konstantin Frank also makes some awesome wine, around the same price range.  Their Riesling is a huge hit among my friends.
    Hope this helps!  At the very least, tasting them all should be fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im all about NY wines. My all time favorite being Bully Hill. I like that on every bottle they give you a scale as to how sweet it is, so you have more of a heads up. Another favorite of mine is Glenora's Bobsled Red. Its a red wine, on the sweeter side.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a huge wino and would be happy to help.  First...
    Dry or sweet?
    Red or white?

I can probably nail a few for under $15 in any category... just le tme know what you are looking for. 
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoy any Riesling from the Finger Lakes.  I've had a good glass of Pinot Blanc from Glenora too.  Love Red Cat, but it's more relaxed/low key... that might compliment your shower well though!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you have time to make it out to Geneva, stop by 3 Brothers Winery, Passion Foot (or Passion Feet... can't remember... anywho)... they have wines named "Backseat Bounce"  "69 Ways to have Fun"  "Scandelicious".... very girly and cute!

All of their wines are on the sweeter side, easy drinking... great for people who aren't really into wine yet. 

Ok I just googled it... lol... it is Passion Feet... and here is a link...  http://www.3brotherswinery.com/Passion-Feet/passion-feet.html

One of my fav stops on a wine tour and would be really cute for a shower or b-party.
    Online Garage Sale
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:45334cf1-0f7e-4435-9fce-474c91577822Post:63936cab-4233-4160-83d3-4b5f4f374e81">Re: Wine suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you have time to make it out to Geneva, stop by 3 Brothers Winery, Passion Foot (or Passion Feet... can't remember... anywho)... they have wines named "Backseat Bounce"  "69 Ways to have Fun"  "Scandelicious".... very girly and cute! All of their wines are on the sweeter side, easy drinking... great for people who aren't really into wine yet.  Ok I just googled it... lol... it is Passion Feet... and here is a link...  <a href="http://www.3brotherswinery.com/Passion-Feet/passion-feet.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.3brotherswinery.com/Passion-Feet/passion-feet.html</a> One of my fav stops on a wine tour and would be really cute for a shower or b-party.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Just checked out the link, those sound so delicious!  Definitely would fit a shower theme too.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 2 tasting passports for 3 Brothers if you go there. It gives you tastings at all three wineries and the brewery and normally cost $15 each. I'd be happy to give them to you if you want to taste any of the wines before you buy.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...you guys were very, very helpful!!!  Other than a good mixture of all kinds of different wines, there really isn't one particular kind we are looking for!  Of course the non-wine drinker came up with the wine centerpiece idea...and is somehow thinking I'm the expert!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:45334cf1-0f7e-4435-9fce-474c91577822Post:63936cab-4233-4160-83d3-4b5f4f374e81">Re: Wine suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you have time to make it out to Geneva, stop by 3 Brothers Winery, Passion Foot (or Passion Feet... can't remember... anywho)... they have wines named "Backseat Bounce"  "69 Ways to have Fun"  "Scandelicious".... very girly and cute! All of their wines are on the sweeter side, easy drinking... great for people who aren't really into wine yet.  Ok I just googled it... lol... it is Passion Feet... and here is a link...  <a href="http://www.3brotherswinery.com/Passion-Feet/passion-feet.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.3brotherswinery.com/Passion-Feet/passion-feet.html</a> One of my fav stops on a wine tour and would be really cute for a shower or b-party.

These names are perfect!!! I will have to see if they can ship to me!  We have a wine tour scheduled for the day after my shower...alot of help right???
  • edited December 2011
    Check the websiite... they may ship within NY state.  When is your shower?  I might be making a trip out that way within the next few weeks.
    Online Garage Sale
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about wine Kadell, but too bad you weren't able to go to the Wine & Chocolate festival back in April, a lot of those vineyards were there and the wine was great! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds like you like the same wines I do lol.  I'm not a very adventurous wine drinker, I stick to riesling and red cat-ish type wines too.  You know what is good though, is the chocolate wines they have!  There is regular and raspberry.  I've bought those for gifts a few times.  Fox Run riesling is a favorite of mine too!  Beyond that, I'm not much help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Monica...shower is next month-July 17th-and so far every weekend has at least one thing going on to prevent me from making a trip!  I think I may just have to stick to the local stuff :(
    Alyssa-I know...I miss all the fun things!
    Athena-Fox Run is another great suggestion...thanks :)
  • edited December 2011
    If I make a trip out that way before your shower, I can let you know.  I could always pick up a few bottles for you on my way... (gives me an excuse to stop by 3 Brothers... which I love!!!)
    Online Garage Sale
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:45334cf1-0f7e-4435-9fce-474c91577822Post:3b4ffbdb-25d9-4633-b44b-04082f3b440d">Re: Wine suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE](gives me an excuse to stop by 3 Brothers... which I love!!!)

If you do, you can have my 2 tasting passports - let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:45334cf1-0f7e-4435-9fce-474c91577822Post:53c8e26d-0e09-415d-a272-f20c4bbd7abf">Re: Wine suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wine suggestions : If you do, you can have my 2 tasting passports - let me know!
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!  Thanks!  I will let you know if I do..  Those pases are like $10 or $15 if I remember.  That would be really great!
    Online Garage Sale
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:45334cf1-0f7e-4435-9fce-474c91577822Post:a018a8c4-8ae4-465c-ba91-e124851988fb">Re: Wine suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wine suggestions : Awesome!!!  Thanks!  I will let you know if I do..  Those pases are like $10 or $15 if I remember.  That would be really great!

Yep, $15 each. I get free tastings all the time at work events, so I usually don't go to too many wineries for tastings. The passports were given to all of us at the office when one of the owners dropped off brochures one day, and I probably would never get around to using them.  I don't want them to go to waste, so they're all yours if you want them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards