May 2013 Weddings
Options

Show me your wedding cake

So my original wedding cake was this, but IMO it only looks good as a 3 tier:

http://merryandmarried.weebly.com/mmm-cake.html

Due to a decrease in a few guests and me wanting to save money wherever I can, FI and I have decided to do a 2 tier cake instead of 3 tier. This will save me $175. So that being said I need some inspiration on designs for a beautiful cake that I can pull off looking good with only 2 tiers. 

Please show me your wedding cake inspirations! 
May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Show me your wedding cake

• Options
    Krikin22Krikin22 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Maybe you could change the bows to be more this style? This one looks good with two tiers

http://pinterest.com/pin/240238961343029039/

I don't have any personal cake inspiration since we aren't having cake
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I think part of the reason your original cake only looks good as a three-tier is the proportions. If you narrow the diameter of each tier and increase the height to be more similar to the one Kirkin pinned above, I think you could still get away with your original cake.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE what Krikin posted! As for ours, FI got to chose, and he wanted it unique, so it's hard to explain. Kind of like offset circles, but not the alice in wonderland looking kind... with the classic design with flowers most likely. That's still up in the air.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Here is our cake it will be square 3 teir with navy blue accents
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Here is a pic. We are planning on making it a little smaller and a different design on the cake itself, but you get the idea. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our cake's bottom layer will be styrofoam (sp?). I wanted the height but didn't need that much cake. It will be covered in frosting and deocrated we just won't cut and serve it. Maybe that's an option for you?
    gettin' hitched 05.04.13
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas and inspiration

I thought about the styrofoam layer but they will charge me the cost of decorating it which wont save me very much. 

I am thinking one of two options. Option 1 is I can find an affordable cake stand (cute white finial style) and that will give me height that if I kept my original bow, It can still hang nicely and work well. 

Option 2 would be to swap the bow style like Krikin suggested and that could resolve the issue. 
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards