Outdoor Weddings
Options

To decorate or not to decorate tree

The venue I am usig for our wedding has a beautiful park.  It has a huge tree that I want to use as a natural arch under which we will stand for our vows.  I am keeping things very low key no chair decorations, I will be making up to large flower pots for the front of the aisle, but should I hange a few paper lanterns and or pomanders from the branches just to "pretty" things up a bit?

Re: To decorate or not to decorate tree

• Options
    I did this and yes, it adds to it and looks great!
  • Options
    I think that would be beautiful. I'm a sucker for romantic lighting tho! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that would be a great backdrop for your 'alter' area. Once thing to consider is you'll likely want to stagger the hights of how long they hang. Make sure they aren't right next to your head or in your wedding photos it may look like you had a pomador coming out of your head! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My daughter's florist did ribbons, some plain some with flowers tied on the end. Very simple but very pretty blowing in the breeze. They were all different colors and lengths and kind of hung behind the area where the bride and groom stood.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_to-decorate-or-not-to-decorate-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:2832b04c-5d23-471c-a0d6-d4938a146bbfPost:2a0e06fe-c83b-413a-9227-bceae01d84e6">To decorate or not to decorate tree</a>:
    [QUOTE]The venue I am usig for our wedding has a beautiful park.  It has a huge tree that I want to use as a natural arch under which we will stand for our vows.  I am keeping things very low key no chair decorations, I will be making up to large flower pots for the front of the aisle, but should I hange a few paper lanterns and or pomanders from the branches just to "pretty" things up a bit?
    Posted by netypooh72[/QUOTE]

You should make sure you check with the venue about doing this.  we are getting married in a state park and we are not allowed to hang anything from the trees or disturb the foilage at all.  I was thinking of doing something simple like bows or ribbon or pomanders and was told that if they see ONE decoration hanging from a living plant, we lose our deposit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards