Maine

Spectacular Event Center?

Any opinions on the Spectacular Event Center in Bangor?  Good/bad experiences? Sorry if this has already been discussed, I tried looking but didn't see any past posts about it.  Thanks!

Re: Spectacular Event Center?

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a few different events there, and I thought the catering was terrible.  I'm almost positive they don't allow you to bring in your own caterer.  That's just my honest opinion of the place. 

A similar venue is Morgan Hill in Hermon.  Which is pretty nice, though I am not sure about catering.
  • edited December 2011
    The Morgan Hill Event Center is gorgeous! We had a work event there, so we had hors d'oeuvres, and they were pretty good. Not sure about meals though.
    Anniversary
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would like to again say i love the Morgan Hill event center, sooo beautiful! One of my good friends had her reception there. The space is so beatiful she didn't have to use much decoration.
  • TheWalkers11TheWalkers11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The spectacular event center has the worst food around! If you end up going there just make sure you get to taste whatever you plan to put out. Plus the decor is so outdated. Do you really want to be married in your grandmothers house! Not worth the price if you ask me! Good luck!! We have a tour set up at the Morgan Hill event center so I'll keep you all updated on how that went!
  • AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I haven't been around for awhile but I got married last July!  I live in the Bangor area and have been to weddings at both Morgan Hill and Spectacular Events.  Both meals at the weddings I went to were tasty, but the atmosphere at Morgan Hill was more romantic.  

If you need any recommendations for DJ's let me know!  Angelsmitty@hotmail.com!  I know a great one in the Bangor area! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice everyone!  I love the look of Morgan Hill but have heard from two different brides that they had awful experiences with the staff/owners!  My cousin was the MOH in a wedding there and was supposed to be allowed to decorate at a certain time but no one showed up to unlock it until hours later.  They had to rush to get ready in time!
  • jill1015jill1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the Penobscot Valley Country Club in orono, from bangor, its really not that far at all...we're having our wedding in hampden.  It only holds 150 guests, so i know that if you're having more, MHEC would be more appropriate
  • edited December 2011

We're having our reception at Hollywood Slots Hotel & Raceway.  Room rental is incredibly priced with all day access and sometimes the night before depending on what's going on.  Plus you've got hotel rooms there if you want to stay and the slots if you crave entertainment after.  Jeff's Catering has some pretty good food and they're comparatively priced to Hollywood.  Morgan Hill is beautiful but it's in Hermon and not Bangor, just FYI.  Spectacular is overpriced for what they offer.  We called on room rental for a family even and was quoted $250, called a bit later for a reception and it was $1250 to just throw in cake cu/tserve.  Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards