Massachusetts-Boston

Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!

Planning a Wedding in the Boston area? Do you want to meet other local brides going through the same process? I do!

I am 27 and in the process of planning a June wedding. I've found that getting the advice and support of other brides going through the same thing can be extremely helpful. I mean, let's face it, asking your family sensitive questions about who you should or shouldn't invite isn't exactly ideal! In any case, I have a lot of questions and I am sure you do too...and sometimes a discussion board is just not enough!

Come meet up at the Ames Hotel lobby bar on April 14 at 6:30 pm to have a drink, meet other brides, and help each other plan!!
(www.ameshotel.com; 1 Court Street in Boston)

A little about my wedding: I am planning a wedding for 180 guests. My budget is about $70 K and I am really trying to make the event elegant and classy.

Post back if you can make it!

Re: Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!

• edited December 2011
    aww I can't make it, but I think a knottie meet up could be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    awww I love g2gs!!
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This doesn't strike anyone else as fishy?  Especially as a first post?  I'm getting cyincal I think...
  • edited December 2011
    damn.. my budget isnt even half yours hahaha ill check my class schedule and see if i can amke it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_would-love-meet-other-local-brides-also-planning-their-upcoming-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:283bac46-e81c-4f1e-9110-f6a87ef257f9Post:0b88d40e-23c3-4292-a52f-53f2362e3df5">Re: Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This doesn't strike anyone else as fishy?  Especially as a first post?  I'm getting cyincal I think...
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

I completely agree....

TTD imageMy Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_would-love-meet-other-local-brides-also-planning-their-upcoming-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:283bac46-e81c-4f1e-9110-f6a87ef257f9Post:0b88d40e-23c3-4292-a52f-53f2362e3df5">Re: Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This doesn't strike anyone else as fishy?  Especially as a first post?  I'm getting cyincal I think...

<div>Yup</div>
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_would-love-meet-other-local-brides-also-planning-their-upcoming-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:283bac46-e81c-4f1e-9110-f6a87ef257f9Post:0b88d40e-23c3-4292-a52f-53f2362e3df5">Re: Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!</a>:

yes
  • edited December 2011
    And just to clarify, my yup wasn't at the cynical statement at the end of your post, but that I totally agree with you
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_would-love-meet-other-local-brides-also-planning-their-upcoming-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:283bac46-e81c-4f1e-9110-f6a87ef257f9Post:0b88d40e-23c3-4292-a52f-53f2362e3df5">Re: Would love to meet other local brides also planning their upcoming wedding!</a>:

great catch! yeah that is creepy....
  • edited December 2011
    first thing I thought when I saw this... scam/ way creepy!
  • appaJune19appaJune19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not fishy! What can i tell you about my wedding?
    June 19, Pierce House in Lincoln
    My caterer is Swartz Catering in Someville, florist is Nellie's Wildflowers also in Somerville
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Appa- you need to understand that sometimes vendors come on here, and since it was your first post, it seemed fishy. No one meant any personal attack against you. I think get togethers are a great idea, I would be all in- if I wasn't living in NYC! Hope you have fun with some other ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards