Florida-West Coast

Premarital counseling?

Hi Ladies,Is there anyone on the board who has had premarital counseling in Sarasota and can suggest a good counselor? I heard from that it is something really worth doing plus I see we will get a discount on our marriage license.

Re: Premarital counseling?

• I don't have a reference for Sarasota, but I have heard that this is something helpful for most couples.

There were two reasons we did not do this:

First, the church we wanted to get married in has a ONE YEAR "training program" and our date was closer than one year away when I called to ask about this.  Yes, I realize that most programs are shorter, but you should check and see how long the program is to be sure you can finish it in time to get your marriage license ahead of your wedding date.

And second, the cost for most of the pre-m programs we looked at was exactly the discount on the wedding license cost.  Yes, I realize that there are some free pre-m programs, but it's my understanding that those would be offered by your ceremony location and the cost is actually included in the fees charged by your ceremony location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards