Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Chit Chat

Anyone feel like chattin' today?  I'm at home the rest of the day packing to head out of town, and my need to distract myself from responsibility is pretty high.  LOL

Anyone have anything fun going on this weekend?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Chit Chat

• Options
    fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at work until 3pm but I can't seem to focus on much thinking about the weekend!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here! I need to figure out how to make my bridesmaid luncheon invites :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am around :) Trying to plan a hobby lobby/homegoods outting today with Kristan, breakfast tomorrow with Courtney, and somewhere in there pink shirt shopping for BABC tomorrow.

Anyone else volunteering or visiting BABC?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:783edb83-8d8d-467f-8e3e-383dc3862777">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here! I need to figure out how to make my bridesmaid luncheon invites :-)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

have you looked at paperlesspost.com?  I love their stuff for more "unformal" invitations! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:0328d028-c6a2-41fc-8da3-ceccc5e0e680">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am around :) Trying to plan a hobby lobby/homegoods outting today with Kristan, breakfast tomorrow with Courtney, and somewhere in there pink shirt shopping for BABC tomorrow. <strong>Anyone else volunteering or visiting BABC</strong>?
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

what is that? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to BABC (Brides against breast Cancer) today. I have a Formal Engagement tomorrow.

I'm so ready for 1:30 to hit!
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:0217c9c8-0a02-4c1e-b694-772190ce8211">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm at work until 3pm but I can't seem to focus on much thinking about the weekend!
    Posted by fryer2012[/QUOTE]

HA, right?  By Friday at 11:00am I'm soooo ready to go home for the weekend!

So what happens at BABC?  Sorry, I'm completely clueless...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:3c94b610-5406-4a9a-9f8d-38a47576ef15">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : HA, right?  By Friday at 11:00am I'm soooo ready to go home for the weekend! So what happens at BABC?  Sorry, I'm completely clueless...
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

It's a volunteer event. Brides come to buy cheaper wedding dresses with all the money going to breast cancer research. The ask for volunteers to help getting brides and their future dresses matched.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:56fe039f-58d5-4e2d-9ffd-27b348b0abf8">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : It's a volunteer event. Brides come to buy cheaper wedding dresses with all the money going to breast cancer research. The ask for volunteers to help getting brides and their future dresses matched.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. :)  I'm sure they have a HUGE turnout, especially now when the economy still pretty much sucks.  If I was more of a browser, I would definitely buy my dress from somewhere like this and save a ton.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm counting down the hours until the weekend.... It cannot get here soon enough. 12-18 hours of relaxing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:70feacad-57ef-4729-9b33-2f94050fca37">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : That's awesome. :)  I'm sure they have a HUGE turnout, especially now when the economy still pretty much sucks.  If I was more of a browser, I would definitely buy my dress from somewhere like this and save a ton.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]'
    Come out and see what you can find!  I know a couple of us will be in the fitting rooms helping out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:9e35c786-d186-4e2a-b8ae-087b72bbb798">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : ' Come out and see what you can find!  I know a couple of us will be in the fitting rooms helping out

I already have a dress, don't encourage me! :P  I would LOVE to go -- I can't resist looking at wedding dresses.  Thank god I'm going out of town this weekend and can thus avoid getting the stink-eye from all of you for going to look at dresses after buying one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:6c81bff5-2d40-4a7d-8571-59fb94ea70a5">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm counting down the hours until the weekend.... It cannot get here soon enough. 12-18 hours of relaxing!
    Posted by texaggie07[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the best weekends are when you simply do NOTHING at all besides veg.  We all need those every now and then I think.  Hopefully you are able to relax this close to your wedding day -- I would be a nervous, busy disaster!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh that sounds like a great event!  I wish I knew about it sooner!  Is it annual?  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be involved in the future! 

When I was a senior in High School me and my friend collaborated the "Cinderella Project" and did the same thing with prom dresses and then gave all the money to the Make A Wish Foundation.  It then turned into an annual event put on by all the senior girls at the school and they now give all of the money to Breast Cancer research bc the teacher that originally helped us pull it together passed away from breast cancer. I loved every minute of it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:83ec6fa9-4a5a-474d-9865-6ee80550758b">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh that sounds like a great event!  I wish I knew about it sooner!  Is it annual?  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be involved in the future!  When I was a senior in High School me and my friend collaborated the "Cinderella Project" and did the same thing with prom dresses and then gave all the money to the Make A Wish Foundation.  It then turned into an annual event put on by all the senior girls at the school and they now give all of the money to Breast Cancer research bc the teacher that originally helped us pull it together passed away from breast cancer. I loved every minute of it!

WOW, so you helped start the Cinderella project at your school?  That's awesome!   I love hearing about all this volunteer work everyone is doing or has done in the past.  It makes me remember with all the crappy interactions you have with people over time, there are still so many great people out there doing amazing things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Camp is over in a week.  =(  We are taking all the kids to see Harry Potter tomorrow.  On the DART.  Should be an adventure.  I don't have to ride the train, though, because I'll be taking a van to Northpark so we have transportation in the event of an emergency.  =)

I hate to say it but I'm pretty glad to be winding down.  I love this camp but I feel like there's a lot of wedding- and home-buying-related things I could have done this month.

Have fun at BABC, girls!
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:03e3ca91-cb83-41f2-a212-5f74effc66fb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : have you looked at paperlesspost.com?  I love their stuff for more "unformal" invitations! 

No I'm going to DIY them. I'm just being lazy and not motivated :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:56fe039f-58d5-4e2d-9ffd-27b348b0abf8">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : It's a volunteer event. Brides come to buy cheaper wedding dresses with all the money going to <strong>breast cancer research.</strong> The ask for volunteers to help getting brides and their future dresses matched.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

Actually, the proceeds are used to grant wishes for terminal breast cancer patients.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I want to buy another wedding dress. I have an idea for a trash the dress session that I can't get out of my head. My dress won't do :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *crickets*

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the board was dead today!  We just got into Pueblo about an hour ago.  Surprised  Soooo tired!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My weekend just started! Whoo hoo! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Several of us worked our booties off at BABC.  I know Courtney and I stayed way past our end time because no one was there to help them tear down.  It's amazing how heavy a rack of gowns is... and size 0's aren't much lighter than the 22s :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ec5558d-9e8d-4e1e-94cb-d5d890f23b0aPost:7a01613e-4c1b-4f41-b5c6-46f29c9cd2c2">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Several of us worked our booties off at BABC.  I know Courtney and I stayed way past our end time because no one was there to help them tear down.  It's amazing how heavy a rack of gowns is... and size 0's aren't much lighter than the 22s :P

Hope y'all had a good time!  I bet...that gown is so heavy after you wear it for awhile, so I can only imagine how heavy a whole rack of them is. 

Well, we are about to head out of Pueblo.  Soooo tired, LOL.  Can't wait to be at our final destination and be somewhere where the high is in the 60s-70s and the lows are in the 40s!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had something good on TV to watch today. I'm finally copying wedding pictures from the CD to my computer, and uploading them to Snapfish so I can order prints. Uploading hundreds of photos takes FOREVER and is really boring, but I have put off this task long enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Attended mass today at the chapel at SMU.  The monsignor was celebrating his mother's 100th (!) birthday.  She was adorable.  =)

He also included my camp in the prayers of the faithful.  Very nice.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards