Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Caterers

I'm debating between two caterers, and was hoping that I could get some advice from people.  A Touch of Class seems to offer some great packages at a very affordable cost.  My second choice is Affordable Catering, and I have heard some good things about this company.  Any thoughts or opinions are welcome!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterers

• Options
    OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using them, but I've heard good things about Brancatos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Why don't you try to go to both places and try the food? We did this with Affordable Catering and SO glad we did. I didn't think the sample food was good and it was obviously microwaved. I have however had it was weddings and it was much better. I would definitely suggest going in and have consultations with any that you're interested in because (at least at AC) they added it up and showed us how much it would be for the food for our wedding which we really appreciated. However once we added it up we didn’t think AC was that cheap!

Good Luck :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks-I did one tasting with another caterer-the food was good, but then they added on all of these extra charges for servers and things that they hadn't told me about.  It was an ordeal to get everyone together to do a tasting, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time again.  I did have some sample food from Affordable Catering at a bridal expo last September and it was good.  Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatejMillerKatejMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a tasting with affordable catering on the 15th-- I'll repost and let you know...

FI and I did go to a wedding a few weeks ago that used them and it was actually really good. They were working on the same budget as we are (which is quite small for 300 people) and they were extremely pleased with it. 

Like I said, I will repost and let you know how it went 
  • Options
    KittyW11KittyW11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw AC at the Big Reveal in September, and we were really pleased with the food they had. It was pretty awesome, and the pricing looks good--so far! I'm currently trying to schedule a tasting with them (which I hope is free, cuz that really irks me), and it's between them and Will Jenny's... Which is amazing, but more expensive than AC, definitely. (Again, so far, haha.) I'll repost after we figure this all out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards