Georgia-Atlanta

HELP! need a cheap venue for last minute wedding, wedding dress and decorations

Wedding is in one month and we need a venue that allows us to bring our own food and alcohol and is under $500 to rent. Approximately 50 people. We also need purple,silver, and white decorations and linens. Also looking for a wedding dress. street size 7/9.

Thanks!

Re: HELP! need a cheap venue for last minute wedding, wedding dress and decorations

• I would hit the David's Bridal sample rack for a dress if I was you. Also, you may want to look into outdoor spaces or pavilions in parks where you can set up tables for food. Look into rental companies for linens and tables and chairs and such. Good luck
  • Venues may work with you if they don't have anything booked since the date is so close.  Look at the Atlanta Contemporary Arts Center.  Its a little over your budget, but they worked with me on the price A LOT! 

Look at macys or other dept. stores online for well priced dresses. 

save on crafts.com is good for decor on the cheap!
  • I'm about to do a whole new thread about this, but if you don't mind going to the southside of Atlanta, look at Nash Farm in Hampton, Georgia.  It's $700 to rent the barn (comes with tables and chairs), gazebo, and an additional 100 chairs for the ceremony.  $300 of it is refundable if you follow their rules.  The extra 100 chairs is $100, so you could knock those off and only pay $600 up front.  You can bring in your own food - alcohol is prohibited, but I know of several brides who have brought it in.  Congrats on your wedding!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a wedding dress I could sell you for $150.  I can send you pictures and I live in Augusta, GA (2 hours away) if you wanted to try it on if you liked the pictures. E-mail me if you are interested! tbone2@aug.edu
  • and if you wanted to get married in Augusta, there is a place, it's cute (stone and wood) and on a little lake.  It's $450.  Here's a link to it  http://www.augustaga.gov/index.aspx?NID=1078
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards