New Hampshire
Options

Have you ever heard of Crop Share Agreements?!

Hey all, I'm getting married in Wolfeboro NH and a friend told me about this.  I just went to a local farm and they were happy to work with me.  It's set up so you pay ahead of time -this gives the farmer money for their start up costs.  Then traditionally, over the summer you visit the farm several times and are permitted to take a certain amount of stems per visit. 

I met with my local farm and explained that I was getting married and they were happy to have me come the week before my wedding and pick ALL of my stems in one visit!  I'm so excited that I will be getting 450 stems of seasonal flowers for $100 and 100% of the money goes to support local agriculture. 

Check into farms in your area, see if you can find something similar!

Re: Have you ever heard of Crop Share Agreements?!

• Options
    What a great idea! I did something kind of similar. We asked a local farm stand owned by friends of ours (LaValley Farms in Hooksett) to grow potted flowers for us. We put 5 small flowers on each table as center pieces, and then each couple took one home. I loved that we could support a local business- and friends too! We also got a deal on the pots (bought in bulk) through a local Agway store. Everyone loved them!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's amazing! What is the farms name? Will they do this for anybody or did they only do it special for you?
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards