New York

I don't recommend getting addresses this way

These are Facebook statuses copied and pasted exactly as they were posted for all her "friends" to see.

Attention future Redacted/Redacted wedding guests: Redacted and I will be sending out "Save the Date" cards in the next few weeks and we need addresses!!! If you want to come to the wedding please inbox me your address so we can send you a Save the Date. Thank you.

New status, the next day....

Thanks to everyone who has inboxed me their addresses!! We still need a lot more though! If you are planning on coming to mine and Redacted's wedding please inbox me your address so we can send you a Save the Date!

Comment

Aren't you supposed to pick your guests!!

Bride's response

People know if they're invited or not and if they don't they are in for a rude awakening when they don't get a save the date.

Re: I don't recommend getting addresses this way

• edited December 2011
    Wow. There's a reason I'm not on Facebook. This is it!

Are you close with this person??
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No, she's marrying one of my fiance's friends from college. All four of us went to school together, but we don't know her well.

She's famous in our group of friends for her Facebook statuses and tweets - a compulsive oversharer with a crazy side.
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What the eff is wrong with her?!  I've blocked posts about wedding blah that I don't want to read, but wow, that post is bad!!!  I hope someone writes back to her comment, and tells her how awful she is.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I know of a girl who put up on Facebook, "Please inbox me your addresses!" That was all it said, and it was regarding her wedding. I gave her a pass though, for the following reasons:

- She got engaged in June, married in August
    - She's one of the sweetest, most generous people I've ever met-- literally willing to give me the evening gown off her back during a pageant when I was having wardrobe malfunctions without even knowing my first and last name
    - She wanted to open her wedding up to anyone and everyone that genuinely wanted to celebrate that day with her... all the way in Utah lmao
    Photobucket
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_dont-recommend-getting-addresses-this-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:f766698e-96f5-47ca-8b29-fe384381623dPost:a85d7433-843f-4070-9605-27ad1a7cc08a">I don't recommend getting addresses this way</a>:
    [QUOTE] People know if they're invited or not and if they don't they are in for a rude awakening when they don't get a save the date.
    Posted by ChelseaB425[/QUOTE]

<div>hahahahah Wow... you're FB friend has (rude) balls... She can't even take the 5 minutes to send a PRIVATE FB message to these people...</div>
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    That's a really classy girl, there.  Is she planning to youtube the ceremony as well... you know... for all of her FB friends that didn't make the cut?
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards