Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Recommend your Hair Stylist and/or Makeup Artist

Hi Ladies,

I need your help! I'm getting married in Oxford and was planning to have my local hair stylist travel and do hair and makeup for me and my bridal party. Unfortunately, she quoted me an outrageous price ($2,500+!!!) and now I need to find someone from the Cincinnati area.

I haven't lived in the area for years so I don't even know where to start. I'm looking for someone who will travel to our site.

Any recs you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recommend your Hair Stylist and/or Makeup Artist

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Chenese Bean for make up - she's incredible. www.chenesebean.com

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Michelle Marx with Marxey Makeup. She does incredible work and uses mostly MAC make-up. Her faux eyelashes (if you want them as they come with her packages) are put on very nicely like you were born with them.  They don't come off unless you really try to the next day.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My makeup is being done by Heidi McKenna (mckenna@fuse.net).  Heidi's awesome.  I did my test with her on the day of my engagement pictures and she did an awesome job.  She's also just a really cool person and her prices are very reasonable.

For hair, I'm going with Amanda at Bella Rey salon. Super reasonable pricing given that they'll come to you. http://www.bellareysalon.com/ I haven't had my test yet, but I've read good things about her on this board.

I had a good experience with Michelle Marxey last summer.  She did the make up for my sister's wedding. I went with Heidi because I prefer her style.  But, I would certainly recommend Michelle as well. 
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Michelle Marxey. She's awesome and affordable AND offers both airbrush and regular makeup.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Michelle Marx for hair and makeup. I have pics of my trial in my bio if you'd like to see. She does great work, her prices are great, and she'll come to you.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are such a big help! I've contacted both Michelle Marx and Heidi McKenna and they are both great. This is going to be a tough decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maria Drew is also very good
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jean Folchi is incredible! She did my engagement photos. What a great personality too!

http://www.folchimakeup.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JaneylizJaneyliz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Cormier is amazing as well.

www.sarahcormier.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards