Texas-San Antonio

Ceremony venues

Hi Ladies!!

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend!  I am a January 2012 bride and have already reserved our reception site.  My fiance and I have been planning to marry at the church I attended as a child.  We can't book the church until this January so technically we can still keep looking.  He and I went to CBC this past Sunday and fell in love with the pastor and congregation.  Everyone was so welcoming!  Unfortunately, CBC doesn't hold wedding ceremonies there but will go off site.   Any ideas as to where we could hold our wedding ceremony?

Thanks,
Amanda

Re: Ceremony venues

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married by a pastor at CBC. He is coming out to New Braunfels to do our ceremony. Just make sure you decide soon, because the pastors fill quickly. Also you will need to complete the premarital classes before they will perform a ceremony.

So basically, you can choose anywhere and then they will travel to you. If you are looking for a cheap place and don't have too many people, Wedding Island on the riverwalk is like $50 to rent.
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you do it somewhere at the reception site?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There really isn't too much space to have it at our reception site.  I thought about it though.  My fear is that the weather won't cooperate whether it be cold, rainy, or both.  I've never heard of Wedding Island before.  What is it and where on the River Walk is it located?
  • nicoleami3nicoleami3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at the Canyon Springs Golf Club and the ceremony site is an outdoor area with a waterfall in the background. Its beautiful. If you want to just book it as a ceremony without the reception I believe its only $1000.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Island is right outside the Valencia Hotel

To rent it you need to go through the parks and recreation of San Antonio.

Here is a link with some pics, but it is a offciant website. You don't have to use them.

http://marriageisland.webs.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards