Colorado

Destination Wedding in Colorado

Planning on getting married in Colorado in Feb of 2012, however planning from Florida!  Have narrowed it down to 3 locations, however still too unfamiliar with all three to choose.  The three places are Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Devils Thumb Ranch.  I will be going out in two weeks to look at all three to see.  Does anyone have any suggestions from those three, or can you suggest somewhere else?  I am interested in somewhere that all of the guests can come and will not have to drive once there.  Also, I would like a place that has alot of things to do.  ANY thoughts would be so helpful!

Re: Destination Wedding in Colorado

• victoriarivvictoriariv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Piney River Ranch in Vail.  The views are unbelievable...right on a lake!
  • nokiapcsnokiapcs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If getting married in the winter - you may want to do breck then your guests don't have to risk crossing vail pass in bad weather....I checked out almost 40 venues in the mountains when planning my wedding and there are tons of nice ones to choose from - it really comes down to your wedding size? budget? and desired ambiance...

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at DTR in Sept 09.  LOVED IT!  Can't recommend it highly enough.  Our guests were so impressed with the venue.  Nice thing is that you don't have to deal with Vail Pass or Eisenhower tunnel if you go with DTR...b/c its over Berthod Pass instead (less traffic).

I've got pics in my bio from our wedding if you want to see pics of of the venue.  I've also got vendor reviews...LOVED our photographer (Rachel Terry of www.stellar-photo.com).

PM me if you have any additional questions that I might be able to help with!!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Sanctuary Golf Course. We just were married there in January and it's fantastic. 
  • MeganinCOMeganinCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you will have a better idea of what you want once you come check it out in person.  I went to a wedding in Breck 2 years ago and having the town right there with tons of stuff to do is really cool for out of town guests.  Each of these 3 locations is different from each other and has unique offerings.  Best of luck with the decision!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Snow Mountain Ranch. I'm getting married there.   It's very close to Devil's Thumb, but cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard anything about getting married at the Steamboat Ski Resort?  Steamboat Grand?  Steamboat Sheraton?  We are planning to wed in Steamboat next year (Jan/Feb) if my knee is well enough to ski.  I'm still recovering from knee surgery...sigh...one more stress to add to wedding planning!  :) Any local vendors or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
  • wendelyn40wendelyn40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devils Thumb Ranch is beautiful.  I live in the area and have been to weddings there.  Great place!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards