Plus-Sized

The Shoes: His, not mine!

thinking about getting Jack (FI) a personalized pair of converse as a wedding present/ to wear at the wedding. They'd be blue with yellow stiching and white rubber tips/shoelaces. on the side you can personalize them, and i thought about doing in yellow writing our wedding date... We're young and kind of dorky, so it matches, but... is it tacky?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Shoes: His, not mine!

• I don't think so. We were going to do this. Both of us were going to wear converse sneakers, but now I think just he is, and then I'll put them on for the reception, because I really want to wear dress shoes too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • If that's what your into go for it.  It doesn't sound tacky to me.
  • DH and his GM wore black patent leather converse for the reception. I didn't see an issue with it. And we had a formal wedding in a church and our reception was in the ballroom of a hotel. Hell, I didn't even wear heels duing the ceremony because I wasn't comfortable in them. Do what makes you happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_shoes-his-not-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:eb0b27be-b982-44b9-b710-e2d238161b58Post:ea3c2184-edf7-49ba-8df5-526f75f8d119">Re: The Shoes: His, not mine!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and his GM wore black patent leather converse for the reception. I didn't see an issue with it. And we had a formal wedding in a church and our reception was in the ballroom of a hotel. Hell, I didn't even wear heels duing the ceremony because I wasn't comfortable in them. <strong>Do what makes you happy.
    </strong>Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

This!  It is your wedding... Don't let others tell you what you should and shouldn't do!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely not tacky, though I do agree with PP that it is a BIT overdone (just went to a wedding in November where the bride, groom and whole bridal party wore converse)

I like it for the simple fact that it's comfortable, but it's totally up to you.
  • I can see how it has become a standard way to be unique, like many brides wear colored shoes these days.  That being said, if you like the idea and think your FI would like it, go ahead.  It doesn't sound tacky to me at all. 

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like this idea (and may steal it)! My FI is not a dress up kinda guy, so it would suit him even if it is overdone/not "cool" anymore. Plus, he saw a picture of a groom wearing sneakers in one of my magazines and kinda thought it looked neat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards