Illinois-Chicago

Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses?

I have an appointment at Cezina's in Glenview and was looking for recommendations on other bridal salons or department stores

Re: Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses?

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls each have different style (same color) dresses by Lula Kate that they purchased at Bella Bridesmaid. There are a bunch of Bella boutiques across the country so my two BM's who live in Milwaukee and LA were able to try dresses on at boutiques near them.

The customer service was awesome and all the girls love their dresses. The dresses are a little pricey ($200+), but as my gift I paid for a portion of each girls' dress.

http://lulakate.com/
    http://www.bellabridesmaid.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Target has an online section. The dresses are inexpensive ($50) and there is a lot of variety. Plus if you order more than one, you can get free shipping and return the other one to the store.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    Alamour in Barrington, they had a great selection and pricing wasn't too bad. The dresses I chose were $150 and they had an anniversary sale come up with an additional 21% off!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Jenny Yoo.  We ordered from the boutique itself, but they're also at Bella Bridesmaid.

Aimers- love Lulu Kate dresses!!
  • edited December 2011

JCrew.....recommend!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_did-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:7734ad87-714f-41ac-bb75-c0ad15302451Post:d2987d21-1241-4dbe-a25e-d69596bd418c">Re: Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenny Yoo.  We ordered from the boutique itself, but they're also at Bella Bridesmaid. Aimers- love Lulu Kate dresses!!
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! Aren't they cute--I wanted to buy one for myself! I really liked the Jenny Yoo dresses too, but the colors they had weren't what I was looking for.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did Jcrew too! The dresses are actually dresses the girls can wear again - not "oh they can wear it again" like everyone says. . . but legit wearable. See:

They store on Michigan Ave. has the dresses to try on in size 8 so you can get an idea of what you need. I really recommend them!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_did-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:7734ad87-714f-41ac-bb75-c0ad15302451Post:ceb50f77-265c-4e37-a1e3-e7f830893e33">Re: Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses? : Thanks! Aren't they cute--I wanted to buy one for myself! I really liked the Jenny Yoo dresses too, but the colors they had weren't what I was looking for.
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

Definitely!! I wanted to buy a Jenny Yoo dress for the RHD, but then I found out the white were double the price so I didn't.  In the end I didn't even end up wearing white for RHD and I totally should have bought one (we got a group discount plus 10% off for a fashion show I went to). Dangit!  But my RH dress was only $39, so I saved some money there.
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so i actually used david's bridal. i had heard horror stories about them, just like everyone else, but with our bridal party scattered all over the country i felt like it was the best option. i used both david's bridal in san diego and vernon hills and did not have any  issues with either. great customer service from both. also they coordinate with men's warehouse and i was able to have the same exact purple from both david's bridal and men's warehouse so my bridesmaids and groomsmen matched. it was fantastic. if you go to david's bridal, definitely go to vernon hills and make an appointment with molly
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got dresses by Amsale. They are extremely flattering and come in different styles. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards