Illinois-Chicago

Married!

Hi ladies--just wanted to AW my photographer's (Tasha Schalk of Redwall Photography) sneak peek from my wedding!

http://portraits.redwallphotography.com/blog/2011/05/15/sneak-peek-amy-tj-2/

and our red carpet pictures from our cocktail hour by Kathleen Thame (in her 2011 Wedding Favorites album):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.211767835513530.59899.139794412710873

We had a fantastic day, despite the gray skies and rain, I was pretty calm for the most part, but I think it was a huge emotional overload because I could hardly eat or drink at the reception. My dad got really emotional, which surprised me because he is really easy going, and he made me choke up walking down the aisle. My husband and I didn't do a first look, and I really loved the moment our eyes met when I walked down the aisle. I had such a great  day w/my bridesmaids, and later with tons of our friends and family.

I'll get myself together and write vendor reviews, but in the mean time I posted all of our vendors up there in the sticky so please feel free to ask me if you have questions about them. I'm so grateful to all of the married Chicago knotties who gave me lots of great suggestions on all most all of our vendors.

Re: Married!

• edited December 2011

Congrats, Aimers!!!

You looked so gorgeous!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!  Congratulations!  You looked beautiful and all of your pictures look amazing.  Glad to hear your wedding was wonderful!  And I teared up reading about your dad...my dad is the same way and I'm nervous that he'll get emotional, because I'll lose it if he does!  Can't wait to read all of your reviews.  Thanks again so much for all your help throughout my planning process.  Hope you stick around and check in on the board from time to time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Anniversary image
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AIMERS!!!! You look AMAZING! Your dress turned out soo good!! I'm soo happy for you and TJ!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Aimers!  Can't wait to read your reviews :)
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! You really do look gorgeous!!!

Isn't it funny how the emotion catches up to you?  Pre-wedding I read about all of these brides who didn't eat at the reception and I swore I wouldn't be one of them.  But by the time the food was served, I was kinda of like shaking with excitement and didn't/couldn't eat a thing!  Thank goodness we served pizza at the end of the reception.  I totally chowed down then!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS AIMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youu looked stunning! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    congratulations!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! You look gorgeous! So glad you had a wonderful day.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! You looked awesome and I totally love the red carpet idea! 
  • edited December 2011
    aimers - i just recognized the photo from your siggy, we booked tasha schalk today! she seems sooooooo sweet!

you look beautiful and it looks like you had such a great wedding. congratulations!!!!
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

@HZ--I swore the same thing. I was fine leading up to the wedding minus not being able to sleep much because I was anxious that everything was going to go well, but I ate in the morning and my BM's made me eat before we got to the church so I wasn't famished when we were at the church. I was so bummed I had no appetite because the food was so good at our tasting I wanted to eat it!

@TEA--I will most definitly be here and there on the board :)

@arrabelle--you will love Tasha (which I'm sure you do already if you booked her!), we got so many compliments on our engagement pictures and I'm sure our wedding pictures will be equally fantastic--I love our sneak peek already so I'm so excited to see the rest!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late here, I'm in Dallas for my bros wedding right now but you looked SO great aim!!! Congrats I'm so glad the day went well :) can't wait to get together to gear all about it!
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_married-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:60a4358e-802f-492b-850d-e184b0e159e4Post:c4bc8046-c9ff-4db2-9ed1-c6c61e88fc31">Re: Married!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little late here, I'm in Dallas for my bros wedding right now but you looked SO great aim!!! Congrats I'm so glad the day went well :) can't wait to get together to gear all about it!
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]
    I hope you have a good time :) and yes, I can't wait to get together!
  • jennifernunezjennifernunez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is a sticky? new to this here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards