April 2013 Weddings

Holiday weight gain. Ugh

Hello! Anyone else need to lose holiday weight for the wedding? I have gained 10 pounds since October! Oops : what are you all doing to get in shape in the next 100 days or so? I should be able to lose 15 in 3 months, right? Any tips? I am planning on walking and cutting calories to about 1300/day.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Holiday weight gain. Ugh

• Maybe we can do a weekly check in on this board to see each other's progress and motivate each other?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • I think that is a great idea.  Having extra motivation and a place to check in is an awesome idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let's do it! What day should we try to check in? I slip up on weekends alot, maybe a Monday check in would help with that? No check in tomorrow though because I intend to eat and drink for new year's eve!! Pink moscato, chips and dip, pirogies, pizza.. Yummy party food! Hopefully this will be the last pig out before the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Adawn, that's the EXACT reason to check in tomorrow!  It will give you your "worst" starting point, which should motivate you more. 

I'm in, as long as I don't have to post my actual weight.  As a size 26, it's something I'm VERY self-conscious about!  I can post pounds lost, admit to the times I messed up, and post the times when I struggled but managed to stay on track.  Feel free to give me a (kind but firm) kick in the tush when I need it, and we'll cheer each other on as we start listing more successes than failures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Great! I am excited! What are your goals? My goal is 15 pounds. I can get away with and be happy with 10 but 15 would be perfect. I also want to tone up. I am going to try walking on the treadmill at an incline at least 3x a week, hopefully more and try to cut calories to around 1300/day.. This will take some getting used to! I am excited! Tomorrow will be my last pigout! I hope...! My birthday is jan 8 so maybe one more cheat meal with wine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also eating the last of the peanut butter mm's as we speak, you know to get rid of them! Haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually don't own a scale and avoid looking at numbers. I have a pretty shoddy self image, and when I have owned a scale in the past, it really has tended to just send me into an awful spiral of hatred, where I obsessively focus on every single pound, instead of just trying to be healthier and slimmer. So, now I go more for how I'm looking/feeling/fitting in my clothes.

That being said, Mom and I have agreed to start a diet together come January 2nd, and FI and I are going to try to get back into our push-up and sit-up routine then too. So, I'll be checking in for motivation and support, even if I won't post any numbers :) If I were to guess, I'm aiming for like 10-15 pounds down, but I'd really just like my tummy to look less flubby than it's been looking lately.
  • Hello there just saw your holiday weight form!!! Eeeeeeek I haven't gained slot but NEED to tone up!! Check in sounds like a fabulous way to kick off the new year!!!
  • I would love this!! and if you ladies are looking for something to get you in shape, try turbo jam! ive been doing it for a week and it kicks my butt, but im already starting to see progress! just a suggestion, because walking/running wasnt working for me :(
  • I need to lose 10 lbs too! THankfully my fitting through David's Bridal isn't till mid- March. I'm only going through them despite them being pricey because they can do the fittings later on, giving me more time to lose weight! So I'm down for this check in! I'm worried though- FI and I are going to a Sandals on Saturday and as it's unlimited food and drink... I need to watch myself!!! As I eat mint M&Ms right now...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg same for me!!! 10 pounds would be amazing!!!!
    omg fi and i tried the cabbage soup diet it was the funniest 36 hours lol thats all we lasted its supposed to be 7 days

i have so many work out dvds - time to bust them out

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd like to lose about 10lbs as well. I did diet pills and a terrible crash diet last year, but I've kept all of my weight off.

This time around I'm pretty certain it will come off on it's own - we just leased a farm and there's a lot of farm work to be done. We're not going to join a gym up here until after the wedding (just moved from NC to Ohio this weekend), so whatever I do has to be at home.

• Stefffi, do you have any stairs anywhere?  I did some amazing things after I had my daughter by just going up and down the stairs over and over and over and over again.  I'm sure the neighbors in my apartment thought I was nuts, but I lost about 20lbs in 2 months because I forced myself to do it whenever the baby was asleep.  I don't have money to join a gym, so I'm getting creative here too.  (Who knew DirecTV has a channel with nothing but workout shows on it?)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • We do have stairs in the house, and the laundry room is in the basement along with the garage, so I've been up and down them a good bit. Will also have 2 stalls to muck, horses to feed 2x a day, hay to carry, and all of the farm chores that go with having horses at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards