Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Exporting the Guest List

Hey everybody! It seems we're unable to print/export our guests list from The Knot at the moment. It's been over a week, actually, but with no way to contact the staff directly, and with @theknot ignoring questions on Twitter, I've decided to take it up with a Twitter protest tagged #NotKnot. We must band together and demand they at least RESPOND and let us know what is going on. I'll probably also blog about it at my site www.zipbagofbones.com

I would LOVE to hear from others of you who are having this frustrating problem!

XO
Cat
zipbagofbones@gmail.com

Re: Exporting the Guest List

• Options
    I am having this problem as well!!  I thought it was just me! 
  • Options
    Nope, it's dozens of brides that I know of, possibly everyone who is using the guest list! Fortunately, I was able to pester @theknot on Twitter enough to get a response. I will keep you brides posted! Hopefully we can get some answers!  I posted about it on my blog: www.zipbagofbones.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    I've forwarded a copy of this post to "The Knot Gods".  It's a different group that I have contact info for, but she's usually able to help in situations like this.  Best of luck!  And - maybe consider Excel & google docs going forward?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options

Thanks for your help, Squirrly...hopefully we can get this taken care of for other brides. I'm recommending Excel going forward, as well. It's a shame, though! The Knot guest list would be awesome if it was dependable!

• Options
    I still have NOT received a response to my emails nor has the error been corrected.
  • Options
    cncampbellscncampbells member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    I got an email response from Fahmida at The Knot via the guest list server runtime error which looks like this:  http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-guests/104039/export/createreport?datalevel=Party&dataset=Addresses&group=0&response=All&seatingchart=null

Here is a way around the problem:
    1)login to your account
    2)go to guest list dashboard
    3)scroll down and click "seating chart"
    4)select your guest list and click "create new seating chart"
    5)click the green "save" button and choose "save as"
    6)return to guest list dashboard
    7)select your guest list
    8)select "print/export this list"

From there, just print/export as usual. I selected "Individuals" and "Addresses" and was able to export a list of my guests and all of their information with no problem. I hope this is helpful to someone!! If you need further assisstance, email:

frashid@theknot.com,
    feedback@theknot.com,
    tbotwaibah@theknot.com

XO,
    Cat
    www.zipbagofbones.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards