Getting in Shape

Help! Lose weight quickly.

Hello everyone. After a previous post, several of you have directed me to Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred dvd. Today was my first day. I am 5'2" and weighing in at 168. I have my first wedding dress fitting on April 21st. That is about 4 months away. My wedding is June 8th. (6 months away). I would love to be around 125lbs. My dress is a size 14 and fits, but I don't feel comfortable at this weight. Plus we're getting married in Costa Rica and honeymoon there so I need to be bikini ready for the honeymoon. The dvd today level 1 was intense for those just starting to workout again. My legs feel the burn. I also did 20 minutes on a treadmill. I am hoping to have support on here to reach my goal. And if you have success stories of losing 40 lbs in 4 months please let me you know your tips and advice. Thank you so much! Hope to hear some amazing stories and gain more motivation.

Re: Help! Lose weight quickly.

• I love the 30 day shred!  My first time was last summer, I completed it in exactly 30 days, I did the workout every morning and it energized me throughout the day!  I walked some days, but the shred was the majority of my workout.  If I felt the need for extra burn I would do another of Jillian Michaels workouts as well.

At the end of my 30 days I was down 17 lbs and had lost 8.25 inches overall, mostly in my belly.  I was 5'6" and weighed almost 190 when I started.  I stuck to a 1200 calorie diet, logging everything I ate on My Fitness Pal, and drank water only.

After that I started Insanity and that's an extreme workout!!  They say to up your calorie intake [mine is 2300 per day] otherwise your weight wont budge!

You have plenty of time, don't worry too much :)  Just stick to a healthy diet, drink tons of water, and work out every day that you have time.  I just checked out a preview of Jillians new video, and that looks like it will whip anyone into shape!!!

Good luck :)  Make sure you weigh and measure so you can see your results at the end of your 30!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I disagree with a lot of what the above poster said.  1200 calories is probably not enough.  You should never net less than that (subtract what you burn through exercise from what you ate, and you'll get the net).

40 lbs is 4 months is not really a reasonable goal.  Healthy, sustainable weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week, especially for someone your height and weight.  I'd advice you to keep that in mind.  Don't let it discourage you, you can still lose considerable weight--but if you keep 40 lbs as your goal, it's very likely to discourage and frustrate you.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Keep in mind too that even if you don't get to 40lbs lost, with Jillian you will tone up so you will still feel better! Focus more on how your clothes fit and how you feel than on what the scale says. Smile 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks everyone. You help me stay motivated and keep it going. I appreciate the encouragement and tips. Keep it coming! :)
  • Crazybeautiful how do you like Insanity?  results so far?
  • I saw those insanity commercials. I am thinking I need to get through the 30 day shred first. Then move on to her Extreme shred dvd which is 45 minutes instead of 20  like the 30 day shred. I have p90x which i enjoy the arm dvd but most of that stuff i'm too out of shape for. I think insanity might be something i get do my final month before my wedding. haha. need to build up to that. :)
  • Crazybeautiful probably came up with 1200 cal/day because mfp tells you that is the absolute minimum number of calories you can eat in a day and be healthy.  You absolutely need to eat more if you work out.  The goal is to net NOT FEWER than 1200 calories in a day, often times it's more.  A website like myfitnesspal is a great way to make sure you are eating the right amoutnt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited January 2012
    Just to clarify, I meant eating at least 1200 calories after eating back your workout calories.  I netted around 12-1500 per day, after eating back whatever I burned.  I definitely don't want anyone to think I'm encouraging eating only 1200 a day, then burning half of it!!

Sorry ladies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_lose-weight-quickly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ba185e32-6d7a-458b-85ce-288ffaa32713Post:a67c92d8-1f22-48de-bd5a-2aa5bea815a1">Re: Help! Lose weight quickly.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crazybeautiful how do you like Insanity?  results so far?
    Posted by cdream05[/QUOTE]

I haven't quite made it back to the Insanity workout, I'm working through the 30DS and some other DVDS to get my body used to working out again.

When I was doing Insanity though, I absolutely loved it!  It's a crazy intense workout, but they stop for water breaks and to check your heart rate often, and with short spurts of each workout, it stays interesting!  I only did it for about a week or so, but I noticed it was already tightening up my body in that amount of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_lose-weight-quickly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ba185e32-6d7a-458b-85ce-288ffaa32713Post:bb5d0ef1-e458-4080-9ca7-4d7270488a31">Re: Help! Lose weight quickly.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw those insanity commercials. I am thinking I need to get through the 30 day shred first. Then move on to her Extreme shred dvd which is 45 minutes instead of 20  like the 30 day shred. I have p90x which i enjoy the arm dvd but most of that stuff i'm too out of shape for. I think insanity might be something i get do my final month before my wedding. haha. need to build up to that. :)
    Posted by Costa Rica Bride[/QUOTE]

That's how I worked up to Insanity :)  I did a series of Jillian's DVDS and I started experimenting with some of the Insanity workouts out of curiousity, like Insanity Abs.  After a month or two of Jillian, I took the plunge and I wish I had stuck with it longer, but there was a lot going on that prevented me from working out on a daily basis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_lose-weight-quickly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ba185e32-6d7a-458b-85ce-288ffaa32713Post:2a27bc1f-6486-42f3-86eb-046322fc89e4">Re: Help! Lose weight quickly.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to clarify, I meant eating at least 1200 calories after eating back your workout calories.  I netted around 12-1500 per day, after eating back whatever I burned.  I definitely don't want anyone to think I'm encouraging eating only 1200 a day, then burning half of it!! Sorry ladies :)
    Posted by Crazybeautiful11[/QUOTE]

Ha, that's MUCH better.  Thanks for clarifying.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_lose-weight-quickly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ba185e32-6d7a-458b-85ce-288ffaa32713Post:25cf2d2c-9d86-4c04-a57f-171902360ccc">Re: Help! Lose weight quickly.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help! Lose weight quickly. : Ha, that's MUCH better.  Thanks for clarifying.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

No problem :)  Once I read your post and went back and re-read mine I could see that it looked bad! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to lose around 30 pounds before my wedding that is one day after yours (June 9th).  I think 30 pounds would be a little bit more of an acheivable goal for you.  Also, it is only 5 months.  I know you mentioned six, but I just want to make sure you have the timeframe right so it doesn't creep up too quick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1200 isn't too far off for some. I use sparkpeople and my recommended caloric intake is 1200-1550 for a loss of 1lb per week. I don't have much to lose and am more aimed at toning and getting stronger.
  • Just a suggestion...instead of making your goal 40lbs in 4 months...why not make a smaller goal that is easily achievable and will then make you more encouraged to keep up the great work?!  I found that whenever I decided to lose 20lbs in whatever amount of time I got easily discouraged because 20lbs seems so daunting and almost impossible to reach in the beginning...instead I decided to make smaller goals of 2 or three pounds over the course of a month...this way I not only met that goal I almost always lost more which helped to encourage me to keep up with my workout and healthy eating.

Also, don't forget that when you do begin to workout you will most likely gain weight in the beginning but remember that the weight you are putting on is muscle and will ultimately help you lose more weight in the long run.  I really hardly ever weight myself...I just judge my weight on how I feel in my clothes and I how I look in the mirror...sometimes we get too caught up in the number on the scale rather than how we feel in our own skin.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards