Christian Weddings

paperback weddings

A friend recently intorduced me to paperback weddings (paperbackweddings.com or vimeo).  I am in love with the videos!  Our wedding isn't for about two years though and we dont have hardly anything worked out.  I am tempted to ask about their pricing though.  I'm assuming it will be way out of our price range :-/
What does everyone think about paperback weddings?
Do you think it would be possible to make something similar on our own using aquiantences?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: paperback weddings

• In order to make those kind of videos you need a professional camera and professional editing equipment. I have a friend who went to film school and said she wouldn't even be able to make those for ours. 

We decided it was worth the investment to hire a professional. 

Where are you coming from? I can give you the names of people I looked into.
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • I am not understanding what this is...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • This is feeling very vendorish to me.
  • hahaha no... paperback weddings are these videos of peoples weddings.  You can view them on vimeo.  It's a Christian based company, but I really just love the videos.  They are gorgeous!  It's a different take on a traditional wedding video.  It's difficult to describe unless one watches a video.  We are debating between having the wedding in central Ohio where we are from or in Chicago where we currently live.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ya I can't take these people seriously, their grammar is atrocious....  Who doesn't capitalized the letter i if you are referring to yourself?

I am also confused on what they do.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_paperback-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:4254cbd2-bc2b-426f-8ced-1909249b3f07Post:ca7c410e-2e89-417c-b3f1-769c943d14cb">Re: paperback weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahaha no... paperback weddings are these videos of peoples weddings.  You can view them on vimeo.  It's a Christian based company, but I really just love the videos.  They are gorgeous!  It's a different take on a traditional wedding video.  It's difficult to describe unless one watches a video.  We are debating between having the wedding in central Ohio where we are from or in Chicago
    where we currently live.
    Posted by mkmistretta[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't see what's so great about it. I watched a video, it was nothing special as far as professional wedding videos go. Do I think you can get that with acquaintances? Only if your acquaintances are professional videographers or hobbyists with all the right equipment.
  • I too am completely captivated by Paperback Weddings and wish there was a local alternative. However, I honestly haven't seen anything remotely close. I am really confused as to what everyone above is missing. They are truly love stories that allow you to completely understand the couple in a way that has me crying instantly. If I had it in my budget, I would fly them to my Florida wedding in October!

Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards