Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ideas for walking down the aisle with dad and stepdad??

I need some ideas for walking down the aisle. Both my dad and my stepdad have been great parents to me. I want to incorporate them both into my wedding. I don't want to deny my dad walking his only daughter down the aisle but at the same time I want to show my respect and love for my stepdad (and he has no children of his own.) Any ideas on how incorporate the two?? Thank you!

Re: Ideas for walking down the aisle with dad and stepdad??

• Options
    Hmmm...you can have them both walk you down at the same time. Thats the only alternative I can think of since if you have your real dad walk you down and your step dad behind you would look weird and also he would probably think he's an after thought.

What about having your dad walk you down the aisle but having your step dad do a reading? That way he can see you still want him to be involved
  • Options
    I am walking most of the way up the aisle with my mom and stepdad, then about 3/4 of the way home, they will hand me off to my dad, and my dad will give me away. *sigh* weddings weren't made for divorced parents!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I struggled with the same dilema. I have a good relationship with my step-dad, but my Dad has been in my life the entire step of the way as well. I thought of maybe having each of them walk me half way, but I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to choose between them, so they are both going to walk me down the aisle. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    I am walking myself half way down the aisle and then my FI is meeting me there and walking the rest of the way together, when my officiant asks who gives this bride, my mom, my step dad and my dad will all stand and say "we do"
    But you should do whatever feels right for you, if it's both of them walking with you, with just your mom and then they all give you away, it's up to you
    Good luck!
    ~Jess
  • Options
    I went to my cousins wedding this past weekend and she had been having the same dilema.  She had both her dad and stepdad walk her and it was really sweet.  I had never seen it before, but I think it meant a lot to her to have them both be a part of walking her down the aisle.  But I agree with PP, you should do whatever you feel is best for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards