Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was HIGHLY dissapointed on valentine's day.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not really gift people, but I still keep waiting for M to surprise me and do something thoughtful on Valentine's Day and he never does.  It doesn't really bother me, per se, but it'd still be nice to be pleasantly surprised. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya Mandy. We don't usually make a big deal out of Vday, but usually get eachother a small thoughtful something. I have no idea where his head was at this year and I can't help but wonder if the Vday episode of Gary Unmarried had something to do with it... the fact that his friends were telling him to set the bar low lol
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We ate our cake topper and drank our wedding champagne on V-day.  I wanted to enjoy our cake while it was still good.

• Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm with you all on the Valentines thing, we said we weren't going to get each other anything because of the wedding but, flowers or a card would have been nice.

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent Courts a card and some Sweethearts in the mail. He sent me a text message.

But, he's going to take me out for a nice dinner when I get home, so it's ok.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the first year since I started dating Mo that I haven't gotten flowers. Maybe he thinks he's married now so he doesn't need to anymore?? lol
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rene - where do you guys live? I may want to spend a gym day with you some time and figure out some ways to get toned and such without getting bulky.  Once I lose some more of this fat anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So V-day wasn't necessarily bad...but I  guess I was just hoping that instead of staying in and cooking for each other, Steve would take initiative and take me out.  He knows how much I've been wanting him to take me out on a nice date.  And somehow I talk myself out of wanting to go because we could save money and have a dinner just as nice (or even better) at home...but sometimes I want him to take me out to "show me off". Does that make sense?

Also, at Christmas time Steve's mom and his bro's GF got these really pretty rings from Silpada jewelry and I fawned over them all day.  I even got a little index card and looked through the Silpada magazine and wrote down about 10 things that he could get me whenever he felt like it.  One of them was the ring.  No, I didn't put an asterik by it (I should have)...but I thought I made a big enough deal out of it and even dropped hints about it up until V-day. 

So on V-day, he gave me a small gift.  I knew it was the Silpada jewelry and I just KNEW it was going to be that ring.  I was SO excited.  And then I opened the box...it was Silpada earrings.  They're gorgeous, don't get me wrong.  I've worn them every day since I got them...but I couldn't help but let out a disappointed "Oh" when I saw them.  Yeah, that ruined Steve's mood for a good couple of hours.  I felt terrible...but I really thought I'd dropped enough hints and made it pretty damn clear I wanted that damn ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do gifts or go out because of the wedding coming up, and I'm okay with that.  We have so much to look forward to in the next couple of months.

We just found out FI has to be in New Jersey for work the week before the wedding!  At first I freaked, and now I'm thinking that will actually be helpful to have him out of the house while the girls and I finish things up.

I'm having serious remorse about the amount of $$ we are spending on this wedding.   We are paying for most of it, which mine and FI's parents making significant contributions.   My parents gave us half of their part this past week and I feel just horrible about taking it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mandy, we live in West Plano. I work out at Planet Fitness and can bring a guest for free any time I want, so just let me know!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just watched the Tiger press conference.  He said all the right things, I'll give him that.

Men don't read minds very well, no matter how easy we make it for them. 

Tiffany I feel for you.  By the end of my wedding planning, I couldn't even look at the receipts any more.  And we only paid for around 10%.  Don't feel bad about it, I'm sure your parents are more than happy to do it.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I guess I should say that I didn't really drop hints as much as flat out say, "Soooo...I'll be getting that ring from Silpada, right?"  multiple times. He swears I said "Silpada jewelry" and didn't specify what I wanted. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was kind of disappointed on V-day as well. Its actually our anniversary so I always expect to do something very special or something. But I didnt get nothing. Not a card, flowers, nothing. I was pretty bummed about it. I bought him his BB gun he wanted. But I guess with the power out at our home all weekend I shouldnt be so selfish. I just like for him to suprise me without knowing about it. Our original plans would have made it a wonderful day but changed because of snow. So I was hoping he would say "hey since we didnt get to do our original plans lets do it this weekend" LOL
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Valentine's Day was okay I guess.  We have always bought each other cards, but have never really been big on gifts.  He originally told me he was going to make my card since he hadn't gotten the chance to go out and buy one.  But apparently he was just messing with me because he had already bought one.

We went out to eat this year at Maggiano's which I always enjoy.  The last couple of years we've just gotten Maggiano's to go.  We dressed up a little bit and he drove his car.  Usually I drive my car whenever we go anywhere because he puts so many miles on his going to work.  He's also not allowed to drive my car because he wrecked it, so it's a big deal when we take his car out.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking about how I'd love for Brad to take me on a romantic date. Every time he hints at something he'd like to do, we do it. But he must be blind to my very not subtle hints. The spoiled man is going to the Supercross show at the new Cowboys arena next month, the car show in Dallas, I got him a new game for the Wii, plus we got the puppy he's been begging for for a long time. But still, I'm waiting around for some flowers.

Grrr! Yell I love him to death, but he's not so quick sometimes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I was just catching up on yesterday's posts that I missed..... and I would not let my MIL or my Mom for that matter dictate the venue or the food at my wedding.  Sure I would take their preferences into serious consideration, but, really?

I certainly hope the Bride is getting her dream wedding, and not doing this just because someone else wants her to.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't want to bother with hotel blocks. We have about 55 out of town guests, but I'd be willing to bet that most of them will either not come or will stay with friends or family in the area. I think there are probably only 15 or so people who will actually need hotel rooms. I know I need to do it, and I will eventually, but for some reason I'm dreading this task more than others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Banana, I felt the same way about doing the hotel blocks. I finally did it and got a great price for a hotel near by our venue and NO ONE stayed at that hotel. I was pretty embarassed about that. But it was to be expected because the people that were to stay there were all from Brad's side and they're....ok I'll keep my very rude words to myself! But you get the gist...I wasn't too happy about that.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, I totally agree.  I'm sure the MIL will realize very shortly that her expectations are not real., especially if she is footing any of the bill.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to personally pick up all of the guests at the airport either. 

Although I will say that my in-laws had very different ideas about how our wedding was supposed to go.  We just had to stand up for ourselves and tell them that it was our wedding and since they weren't helping financially, they didn't have a say. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to do a hotel block.  Most people will stay with family and anyone who wants a hotel rec can call us, my parents, or FI's parents.

I don't expect it to be an issue though.  Family will stay with family, and the few couples that come will probably want to book something nice for themselves as a getaway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're in saving mode of course so I didn't expect anything for V-day but Rick got me the sweetest gift.  Instead of a guestbook at the wedding, I want to have guests sign a record of our first dance song (You are the best thing by Ray LaMontagne).  I had started looking for a record but never found one.  Rick went to Good Records and bought it for me.  So sweet.  He was even throwing me off when I talked about the record saying how hard it was going to be to find.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Marlene and Tiffany, I think you've just convinced me to not do it. :)

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't really enjoy Valentine's Day much either.  I hate that the restaurants completely change their menus, not so much that the price goes up a little but that they don't have staples from their menu on the special menu.  Plus, I think I would have rather been home watching the Olympics.

I think that Evan Lysacek (the guy who won the gold medal in men's figure skating) is very attractive, almost Superman.  And I think Johnny Weir was robbed of a bronze medal. 

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To me, Evan Lysacek looks like Christian Bale. Which is a very good thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness, Evan Lysacek is friggin adorable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous of Johnny Weir's butt. It's so perky...and just so out there :P
    I should take up figure skating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My MIL is beating me at Words with Friends by 100 points.  She's like the "words" queen.  I just can't compete.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, our game is down to the wire, I can't believe how far I've come back, even though you are still winning!
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Valentine's Day is entirely overrated. No offense ladies, but you couldn't pay me to go out to dinner on V-Day. There are way too many people, and Julie is right, a lot places change their menu. I did get a box of Godivas, but he waited until Tuesday when the Vday boxes would be on sale which is fine with me. I'm sorry so many of you had a bad day. I had to work if that makes you feel any better :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards