Military Brides
Options

What's everyone up to this weekend?

As for me, I am assisting my good friend at a makeup halloween show tonight, then the rest of the weekend will be dedicated to cleaning out the spare room once and for all so that I can buy my couch and stuffz. I am hoping that FMIL is as motivated as I am to get this done. FI has midterms this up coming week, so that's a perfect excuse to get this done NOW. Other then that, I leave you with some funny stuff:

Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you have a crazy busy weekend ahead of you!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqstF4V4Nl4&feature=mh_lolz&list=WL69ADA584DB18FA90

:)<3
    hehehehe

H and I are having a night in with wine, cooking together, and Halloween movies. (and maybe Axis and Allies because we're total nerds)
    Tomorrow I'm helping my aunt throw a baby shower and then hitting up a nighttime corn maze. If it doesn't rain.. if it does, then pumpkin carving at my house!!

Also I'm planning a Thanksgiving dinner for H's crew. Apparently it's customary for the PPC (Patrol Plane Commander) to host a dinner for the crew and their families, so I decided to do it the weekend before Thanksgiving, because I know a lot of people don't get to go home for the holidays. :)  I'm going crazy all out though (thank you Pintrest) which is why I have started planning already, and testing recipes. If anyone has any Thanksgiving favorite recipes, please share! (not dessert.. got 124987142 recipes covered there haha)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, I have a good one for you!
    Twice baked potatos:

Ingredients:
    Potatos (we do about 20+!!!)
    Cream cheese, about 1/2 of a package
    Sour cream, about half a container as well
    Shredded cheese (I use sharp and an english farm/coastal cheddar combo, the english coastal cheddar is found at Trader Joes, and its so yummy!)-Tons of it!
    Green onion, chopped.
    Lawrys season salt, to taste. (OPTIONAL)
    Garlic salt, to taste
    Pepper, to taste.
    Crumbled bacon

Ok, bake the potatoes. Once baked, cut them in half long ways. Carefully scoop out the potato. You're gonna need the skins, so be careful not to ruin them.

Throw the potato, cream cheese, sour cream, cheese (enough to your liking, but like I said, I use a lot. Put some cheese aside for the top of the potato!) and Green onion (also save some) into a mixer. Mix until completely blended, and mashed potato like.
    Season the mix with the Lawrys salt, garlic salt, and pepper to your liking.
    Once everything is nice and smooth, scoop all of the potato mix back into the skins.
    Add a layer of cheese, some chopped green onion and crumbled bacon on top, and put back into the oven @ 350, until cheese is melted and is browning a little bit.
    These are soooo yummy and a huge hit at Christmas and Thanksgiving at my house!

Sorry for not having exact measurments, this is just something I came up with one day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing really crazy this weekend. I need to go across town and do a little bit of shopping for engagement picture clothes. Other than that I'm hoping we can find a pumpkin patch to go to and carve pumpkins (although pinterest has me really wanting to paint them!). Other than that hopefully relaxing, maybe a double date night but thats really it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It is homecoming this weekend at my school, and i'll probably go do those things. Tailgate, party, and overall good times.

I am hoping FI can call me sometime this weekend, I've had a really rough couple of weeks with work, school. and other problems so it would be nice to be able to talk to him instead of email.  But I'm not  holding my breath.

I plan on buying a giant bottle of vodka, pairing it with whatever is in my fridge and doing nothing all weekend.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:0ecb1e2a-c96a-441c-8669-fc0220b3e72f">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is homecoming this weekend at my school, and i'll probably go do those things. Tailgate, party, and overall good times. I am hoping FI can call me sometime this weekend,<strong> I've had a really rough couple of weeks with work, school. and other problems </strong>so it would be nice to be able to talk to him instead of email.  But I'm not  holding my breath. I plan on buying a giant bottle of vodka, pairing it with whatever is in my fridge and doing nothing all weekend.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, Amanda! You drink to your hearts content this weekend! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CAB- that's similar to my twice baked! I was thinking of going the traditional mashed with a twist, but maybe I will do a twice baked... I mean.. They can be made the day before and then reheated in the oven.. not a bad idea, thanks!

Amanda- Make vodka jello shots. just sayin'.

I want to do nothing all weekend. That would be amazing. Unfortunately I have hw to procrastinate :P haha
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely nothing :( FI is gone on a det. I don't even have any desire to do any of my fun fall/Halloween activities (pumpkin carving, corn maze, hayrides) because I don't have FI (or anyone else for that matter) to do them with. I am giving my home a good deep cleaning though. Clumps of cat hair everywhere! Everything just needs a good sweep and scrub. Right now though, I am watching President Obama officially announce the final U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq. So that's neato.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Binx- you just reminded me that
    1. I can't believe The Today show showed the video of ghaddafy getting beating the crap out of with all the blood and whatnot.. and then showed his dead body. SHOCKED. so much for US media censorship. haha
    2. The media keeps changing how they spell the dudes name. It's with a g, no a k, no a g, with i, with a y, no i. ack! too much!

Also binxy, I'm sorry :( I know what you mean.. This is actually H's and my first Halloween together because he has always been gone on dets or deployment in the past. He just got back from a det last week, but while he was gone I deep cleaned the house and then found projects from Pintrest to do. My laundry room is rockin now :P haha  
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FTL - that sounds like a fantastic idea. I do have jello in my pantry.

Yea, I just had 2 terribly awkward meetings back to back today with the possibility for two more... Oh yay! I just LOVE days like this. On the bright side my cube-mate finally got her stuff off my desk...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H has a 3 day weekend so we decided to drive down to Portland to visit out friend for the weekend.  We haven't been there in a year, and it's probably the last time we'll go, so I'm excited!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, that must be where I saw it. I was flipping channels and saw him being beaten. I don't care how bad he was, I don't want to see it. And what if I had kids in the livingroom seeing that?! I realized yesterday that my FI and I will be apart for our first three halloweens! Last year I was still in WI in college, so I partied it up in Madison as Baby Spice (the rest of my friends were other members. It was awesome. We even have a dance). This year he is on a month-long det. Next year he will be on cruise (but it will be his last yay)! But, I'm thankful he will be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:d07dfa08-6259-4eb8-9946-834ec80906f4">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, that must be where I saw it. I was flipping channels and saw him being beaten. I don't care how bad he was, I don't want to see it. And what if I had kids in the livingroom seeing that?! I realized yesterday that my FI and I will be apart for our first three halloweens! Last year I was still in WI in college, so I partied it up in Madison as Baby Spice (the rest of my friends were other members. It was awesome. We even have a dance). This year he is on a month-long det. Next year he will be on cruise (but it will be his last yay)! But, I'm thankful he will be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

<div>H will be gone for our second Christmas in a row this year, and it stinks.  But at least we get Thanksgiving this year when we didn't last year.  Even though we will be gone for house hunting and eating Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant probably.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We always have an Irish Potato Casserole for Thanksgiving (I will find a recipe, but pretty much potatoes, and many kinds of cheese). I think almost every family in the South has their own version. We found out that in Utah the Mormons call that recipe "Funeral Potatoes," which is pretty odd, but appropriate.

We've already bought 3 pumpkins to carve, and FI wants to go get a white one and dye the inside blue with food coloring and cut the Air Force symbol into it. We need to go get candy for the "Trunk or Treat" that's on base next weekend. We're also going to the state fair tonight with FI's cousin and his wife and daughter and then tomorrow with a friend of FI's and his wife. I don't feel like we can say no to the couple because they live about 40 minutes away (Hurlbert), but we haven't seen them since we all moved down here. She's a little bit of a nuts AF wife, so this should be fun.
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beach: your picture is pretty

FTL: I'll get my mom's make ahead potatoes and cranberry sause.

My weekend: Wedding crap. 
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was really shocked to see it on tv... It's one of those things that they can't win either way. If they don't show it, it's the end of the world because of US censorship. If they do show it, what about the children?! Media loses either way haha

Although I will say the whole.. total withdrawal of our troops in Iraq is pretty crazy... idk how I feel about it personally.. but I will say that I feel it's a bit of a trick to the public. It makes it sound like we're withdrawing completely from the middle east, which is FAR from the case. We'll see if this actually happens though. Obama said before the year is up.. hmm..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:600d94e1-93f1-4613-99b3-91bdd7a392ca">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I was really shocked to see it on tv... It's one of those things that they can't win either way. If they don't show it, it's the end of the world because of US censorship. If they do show it, what about the children?! Media loses either way haha Although I will say the whole.. <strong>total withdrawal of our troops in Iraq</strong> is pretty crazy... idk how I feel about it personally.. but I will say that I feel it's a bit of a trick to the public. It makes it sound like we're withdrawing completely from the middle east, which is FAR from the case. We'll see if this actually happens though. Obama said before the year is up.. hmm..
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on this one. IDK about this :/
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:2ed02be7-1e72-4c70-808f-db2b25d3a2d2">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's everyone up to this weekend? : H will be gone for our second Christmas in a row this year, and it stinks.  But at least we get Thanksgiving this year when we didn't last year.  Even though we will be gone for house hunting and eating Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant probably.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Sorry Beach :( So you will be here in Norfolk/VA Beach for Thanksgiving?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am heading to a dear friend's bachelorette party weekend with a bunch of girls from college  We get together about once a year however this trip will make about six for us so far with a few more planned.  I am just dying to get off of work like NOW!  Oh well alas a few more hours and then I will be Epi-center bound. 

Ditto FTL- Amanda get you some jello shots. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Binxy I will bring Halloween festiveness to you since you haz none in you right now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:5fd1cbfd-776d-4d09-825e-3d399fa33aad">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's everyone up to this weekend? : Sorry Beach :( So you will be here in Norfolk/VA Beach for Thanksgiving?

<div>Yep.  If we get all set on a house maybe we will consider driving home to NY for it, but we probably won't be up to it.  We have a guy H used to work with that lives in VA too so we might just crash his house.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, after reading my other post it sounded really depressing, which I didn't mean for it to be that bad.  I'm at least going home for Chistmas again, so that will be fun.  Last year his ship was in a port so we were able to Skype on Christmas morning and talk a few times.  I doubt they will be this year though, but at least he'll still be able to call.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crown that sounds awesome!  I hope you have a blast :)
    boo work.. Go up to your boss with a question and start coughing ;)
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention my favorite part of this weekend, re: going to the fair: FUNNEL CAAAAAKES! I haven't had one in almost 5 years. I need this.

I'm actually ok with the violence/death of Ghadaffi (or however we're spelling that) on t.v. thing. Really, I think sometimes people need to see that this is what goes on in the world. What weirded me out was when I was flipping stations with the sound on really low last night and flipped through the news stations. On Fox (I think) the little bottom scrollie-thing said "Ghaddafi killed by Yankees fan." That was odd, because at first I was like, when was he in NYC? (It was very late, we had a sick puppy and I was sitting up with him, he's fine now) Took me a second to go there.

Yeah, I think saying that we're withdrawing from Iraq is not so much a PR trick (although it is a little); I think people need to believe there is progress being made, and the one real way that people who know very little about the military see it is troops being moved out of a region.

Funnily enough, FI and I were talking about deployments the other day and he says he's really looking forward to one. I'm not totally, so much as I have made my peace with it, and I love him. We don't have anything scheduled, and won't until the board is done meeting on re-classifications, but it was cool to be able to talk about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:6c2b0eb9-ddd3-4432-b088-537794b09776">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crown that sounds awesome!  I hope you have a blast :) boo work.. Go up to your boss with a question and start coughing ;)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Haa that is a great idea!!! My tummy is starting to hurt as we speak ;)
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe FTL, that kitteh picture brought a big smile to my face! Thanks :) Beach- good luck house hunting! Just a heads up, I would try to find something in VA Beach, not Norfolk. Even if you find a nice house in Norfolk, it's usually next to ghetto-ish neighborhoods.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-everyone-up-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2624db00-63a4-4d99-8710-b598b571a12dPost:510c2f94-84db-42b1-a45e-df604984896c">Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hehe FTL, that kitteh picture brought a big smile to my face! Thanks :) Beach- good luck house hunting! Just a heads up, I would try to find something in VA Beach, not Norfolk. Even if you find a nice house in Norfolk, it's usually next to ghetto-ish neighborhoods.

<div>We are looking Chesapeake.  H will be in Norfolk, Newport News, and VA Beach while there, so we are trying to be somewhat central.  The houses we really like so far there seem to be in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Chesapeake is nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to travel that area for my previous job and I loved it.  Good luck house hunting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Do you know much about the Chesapeake area Binx?  We have heard it's pretty good, but weren't sure.  The biggest complaints I have heard were about school districts, which won't be an issue for us for a while anyways, and H is pretty sure he wants to send our future kids to private school anyways.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I've only been there a handful of times (usually going out for dinner). But one of my FI's chiefs lives there, and we went there for a retirement party. His neighborhood was beautiful. Honestly though, anywhere in the Hampton Roads area that ISN'T Norfolk is nice (I live in Norfolk and work in VA Beach).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun weekends :)

Tonight I am getting kicked out of my parents house for the evening because they are having dinner with friends. Which is fine with me!

Tomorrow we are ordering my Matron of Honor's dress and working on my DIY invitations to try to come up with something I like. 

Sunday absolutely nothing that I am aware of.  Which I am definitely not complaining about!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards