Massachusetts-Cape Cod

coonamessett inn vs. highfield hall

I'm having a hard time choosing a venue. We've narrowed it down to Highfield Hall or Coonamessett Inn.  My primary concern for Highfield Hall is having the dinner in a tent- I'm worried about bad weather (either rainy/muggy or super hot).  We're looking at a July or August wedding.  Any advice about tent weddings during the summer or recommendations for either of those locations?  THANKS!!

Re: coonamessett inn vs. highfield hall

• My brother and my cousin both got married at the Coonamessett Inn and the whole family LOVED it there! It's so beautiful and the staff there is incredible! After the wedding we were also able to use the deck outside for as long as we wanted...we were out there until 3/4am! It was also perfect that there were guestrooms there - so convenient and the prices were great! There's also a Holiday Inn (I think that's what it is) right down the street that may have even more affordable guest rooms.

I think the Coonamessett Inn is just perfect! If 2 of my family members didn't get married there already, we absolutely have!

Good luck with the decision! Keep us posted on what you choose!!!! :)
  • I love coonamessett inn and have been to several weddings, showers and corporate events there.  I have never been to highfield.  I am having the same concerns about weather as mine will be under a tent in Plymouth.  And I agree with the other poster about the convenience of there being a holiday inn right there.  Good Luck! 
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eeshieldseeshields member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We recently had our wedding reception at the Coonamessett Inn and we LOVED it.  I would reccomend it 100 percent.  They have a great deck with sliding doors all along one side of the room so you can enjoy that indoor/outdoor feel.  We planned our cocktail hour for the deck and as the day got closer, I really started to worry about the weather.  It ended up being perfect but it was nice to know things could be moved inside if they needed to be.  I didn't really look closely into Highfield Hall, but I don't think they have staff on site there.  The nice thing about Coonamessett is the staff is amazing and will help you coordinate your vendors and set up for you so you only need a wedding coordinator if you want one. I grew up in MA but now live out of state so these boards were very helpful to me.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards