Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Event MC and DJ

Hey all, we're looking for a DJ right now but the most important quality we want is a strong MC. We're planning on choosing all of the music for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception but need someone that'll keep everything going. Any suggestions?

Re: Event MC and DJ

• Options
    We are using Robert Walk from Just Weddings DJ. He is an MC and DJ. He is detail oriented, which I love since I am too. We gave him lists for our ceremony prelude music, processional, unity candle, recessional, ceremony postlude, our reception entrance, dinner music, special songs first dance, bouquet toss, etc., and last dance songs. He loved that we knew what we wanted and came prepared, but he can also take the reins and make the party what you want it. I am leaving the dancing music up to him. I don't want to dictate that part because you can't predict what people will get up and dance too. When we met Robert the first time, he went through a whole wedding day timeline with us and modified it a lot to fit our needs. He even finds any songs you mention specifically, that maybe aren't as well known, on iTunes or Youtube and has you verify that it's the song and version you want. He is a bit priceier that what we expected it was supposed to be 2800 for what we needed, but he worked with our budget and we got it done it 1800. He also has two other guys who work for him that he would recommend if you are on a tighter budget. He has been around for 28 years. My dad used to be a DJ and remembered Robert from back in the day, so bonus points for him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used Joe from AZ Celebrity DJ, and were thrilled with him.   He's done over 800 weddings, so he knows what he's doing for sure.  He has a great personality, sense of humor and a real love for music, people and his job all around. 

We still have people comment about him to us, a year and a half later!   The fee was somewhere around $800, and I easily would have paid 3 times that if I had known how awesome Joe was before hand.   He really made the day!

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    We used Mark Sanchez with PME and had a great experience. He has done tons of weddings and MC'd a bunch of other events, too. He played all of the music requested and avoided all the cheesy wedding-group songs (i.e., YMCA, chicken dance, etc.) and kept things moving along. Definitely recommended!

Good luck!
  • Options
    We loved Bill Limbach, The DJ for you. He kept the party going and I had guests telling me he did a great job. He knew what to play when to play it along with songs we requested. He worked with our budget. He played some fun games with us and will be as involved with your guests as you want him to be. I am really happy we chose him, we didn't plan on having a DJ when we first started planning.

thedjforyou.com
  • Options
    I highly recommend Dj Man Entertainment, Wyatt Brice. He djed at the hottest clubs in Phoenix/Scottsdale. He's done wedding nationally and internationally. He's awesome, hands down!

www.djmanentertainment.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards