September 2013 Weddings

Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays

Taking Mpic's idea and going with it.

Whatever fun/happy/awesome things you want to brag (or AW) about!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays

• Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My fiance's birthday was yesterday and I think I did pretty well spoiling him!  He hasn't gotten a new acoustic guitar in years so I upgraded him and bought him some yummy cologne.  He also got breakfast (english muffin egg sandwiches), lunch (packed him a great one for work) and dinner (I cooked our own chinese food).  He also got a back rub.  Needless to say he is one happy 34 year old!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I really wanted to participate in this threat today (thanks for the shout out!), but I have been in a seriously bad mood all day. FI, MOH, BM -- all just pissing me right off. So I guess I am jacking my own thread idea to vent. UGH! Sometimes a bride just wants to hear she is right and for everything to fall into place the way she wants it!

Ok, vent over.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My computers have been down at work all day!  I will post tomorrow a day late.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That really sucks to hear Mpic.  I hope today gets better for you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far, my mom has been pretty easygoing with most of my wedding ideas. She wasn't too keen on the Wedding cupcakes idea but she's never seen pictures of any. I was worried she wouldn't like the venue I wanted bc of distance but she's been really cool about it. I'm also very relieved she's not insisting on keeping difficult Korean traditions like inviting hundreds of people I don't know between now and the hour of the wedding! The fiancé has also been surprisingly involved with finding a nice, and not just cheap, venue. I like that he's thinking about what he and his friends would wear or how he imagines a vineyard wedding, etc. I've been stressed about finding the right venue but I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone!
  • LOL he just linked me to his coworker's fiancée's Pinterest
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-or-aw-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:99227ea4-d991-49bd-ac3b-a1e4c2741267Post:4748c524-6656-45be-bfd5-73fc2f5b7306">Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far, my mom has been pretty easygoing with most of my wedding ideas. She wasn't too keen on the Wedding cupcakes idea but she's never seen pictures of any. I was worried she wouldn't like the venue I wanted bc of distance but she's been really cool about it. I'm also very relieved she's not insisting on keeping difficult Korean traditions like inviting hundreds of people I don't know between now and the hour of the wedding! The fiancé has also been surprisingly involved with finding a nice, and not just cheap, venue. I like that he's thinking about what he and his friends would wear or how he imagines a vineyard wedding, etc. I've been stressed about finding the right venue but I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone!
    Posted by goldfishcake[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome that your FI is so involved. Mine is, as well, and it is a nice surprise. I like that he will actually look at the inspiration photos I send him and give me his honest feedback. I obviously don't expect him to sit for hours looking at wedding websites -- that's my job. :)</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-or-aw-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:99227ea4-d991-49bd-ac3b-a1e4c2741267Post:bca23800-23ac-4cbc-a7e2-7ac762952562">Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays : That's awesome that your FI is so involved. Mine is, as well, and it is a nice surprise. I like that he will actually look at the inspiration photos I send him and give me his honest feedback. I obviously don't expect him to sit for hours looking at wedding websites -- that's my job. :)
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. I won't force him to pick out swatches and compare centerpieces with me. I'm just thrilled he cares!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards