September 2013 Weddings
Options

Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays

Taking Mpic's idea and going with it.

Whatever fun/happy/awesome things you want to brag (or AW) about!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays

• Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My fiance's birthday was yesterday and I think I did pretty well spoiling him!  He hasn't gotten a new acoustic guitar in years so I upgraded him and bought him some yummy cologne.  He also got breakfast (english muffin egg sandwiches), lunch (packed him a great one for work) and dinner (I cooked our own chinese food).  He also got a back rub.  Needless to say he is one happy 34 year old!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I really wanted to participate in this threat today (thanks for the shout out!), but I have been in a seriously bad mood all day. FI, MOH, BM -- all just pissing me right off. So I guess I am jacking my own thread idea to vent. UGH! Sometimes a bride just wants to hear she is right and for everything to fall into place the way she wants it!

Ok, vent over.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My computers have been down at work all day!  I will post tomorrow a day late.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That really sucks to hear Mpic.  I hope today gets better for you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So far, my mom has been pretty easygoing with most of my wedding ideas. She wasn't too keen on the Wedding cupcakes idea but she's never seen pictures of any. I was worried she wouldn't like the venue I wanted bc of distance but she's been really cool about it. I'm also very relieved she's not insisting on keeping difficult Korean traditions like inviting hundreds of people I don't know between now and the hour of the wedding! The fiancé has also been surprisingly involved with finding a nice, and not just cheap, venue. I like that he's thinking about what he and his friends would wear or how he imagines a vineyard wedding, etc. I've been stressed about finding the right venue but I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone!
  • Options
    LOL he just linked me to his coworker's fiancée's Pinterest
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-or-aw-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:99227ea4-d991-49bd-ac3b-a1e4c2741267Post:4748c524-6656-45be-bfd5-73fc2f5b7306">Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far, my mom has been pretty easygoing with most of my wedding ideas. She wasn't too keen on the Wedding cupcakes idea but she's never seen pictures of any. I was worried she wouldn't like the venue I wanted bc of distance but she's been really cool about it. I'm also very relieved she's not insisting on keeping difficult Korean traditions like inviting hundreds of people I don't know between now and the hour of the wedding! The fiancé has also been surprisingly involved with finding a nice, and not just cheap, venue. I like that he's thinking about what he and his friends would wear or how he imagines a vineyard wedding, etc. I've been stressed about finding the right venue but I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone!
    Posted by goldfishcake[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome that your FI is so involved. Mine is, as well, and it is a nice surprise. I like that he will actually look at the inspiration photos I send him and give me his honest feedback. I obviously don't expect him to sit for hours looking at wedding websites -- that's my job. :)</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-or-aw-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:99227ea4-d991-49bd-ac3b-a1e4c2741267Post:bca23800-23ac-4cbc-a7e2-7ac762952562">Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk Big (or AW) Thursdays : That's awesome that your FI is so involved. Mine is, as well, and it is a nice surprise. I like that he will actually look at the inspiration photos I send him and give me his honest feedback. I obviously don't expect him to sit for hours looking at wedding websites -- that's my job. :)
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. I won't force him to pick out swatches and compare centerpieces with me. I'm just thrilled he cares!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards