New York-Long Island
Options

Rehearsal Dinner locations near Farmingdale

Hello ladies! I'm looking for rehersal dinner locations in the Farmingdale area. Our OOT guests and my FI's family will be staying at the Hilton on 110. We'd like to host the dinner somewhere nearby so our guests won't have to drive too far after a long day traveling to Long Island. So far we're thinking of looking into what the hotel has to offer as well as 56th Fighter Group and Blackstone Steak House. I'd love your suggestions!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations near Farmingdale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Four is also a cool restaurant in that area - it's practically across the street from the Hilton, if my memory is correct.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    agree with 4 and they do ahv ea private room in the back. blackstone isn't so good imo. ciarellas is right near blackstone. la spada is up a bit further on 110. going south babylon has a lot of great restaurants and it's only about 15 mintues.

• Options
    haylesDhaylesD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosewood inn is really nice and intimate, Cirellas is great, The melting pot is supposed to be good but a little overpriced, although Blackstones is pricy too. There is a nice little place called Barolo, it's Italian. If all else fals ask the people at the hotel, I'm sure that they have a list of places around there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i've been to the melting pot once and will never go back. it was awful. went for my birthday, waitress spilled a drink on me, apologized and it was an accident but it still happened. we ordered the tuscan fondue. they use jarred garlic. blech. it was awful.
    just sharing my experience.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you for all the suggestions and reviews. this will definitely give me a start on places to look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE 56th Fighter Group.  Have been to many large parties there, including my FSIL's bridal shower and they do a wonderful job, are fairly priced and it is a cozy atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Palmer's on Hempstead Tnpk?  It's a few minutes drive away, but I've been to a rehearsal dinner there, and a few other events, and the food is great, and I've always had a great time.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sskiba515sskiba515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Black Forest Brew Haus has pretty delicious German food and house-brewed beers.  

http://www.blackforestbrewhaus.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards