Wisconsin

Need Milwaukee venue that allows outside catering

My FI and I want to get married downtown or at least around the city. We have our caterer, but almost no unique venues downtown allow outside catering. Do any of you lovely ladies know of any places? (Preferrably under 1500 to rent.) Thank you so much for any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker "You're a Disney princess. Girls like you don't go for guys like me." Well, I did. And now, "I do." :)Visit The Knot!

Re: Need Milwaukee venue that allows outside catering

• The black swan, but that's in grafton...Milwaukee zoo..any park pavaillions if I'm not mistaken?
  • The Zoo, the Rennasaince, Pabst Brewery, the War Memorial, The Chandelier Ballroom and Schauer Arts center are both in Hartford but they do... hopefully this helps.
  • War memorial requires you to choose for a list of abut 6-8 caterers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I'm not sure if the Renaissance allows outside caterers or not, I didn't look into it that far, but it could be worth looking into.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited March 2012
    Our reception will be at Turner Hall.  A bit more than 1500 to rent, but they do allow you to choose whatever caterer you want.  By the way, who is your caterer?  We are still looking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_need-milwaukee-venue-that-allows-outside-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:8500d569-0c26-4f7d-8470-e3c883ea4535Post:0613c268-99b1-49a6-8991-149b1ca5979e">Re: Need Milwaukee venue that allows outside catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our reception will be at Turner Hall.  A bit more than 1500 to rent, but they do allow you to choose whatever caterer you want.  By the way, who is your caterer?  We are still looking!
    Posted by emilyrose28[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>i know this wasnt directed towards me but my wedding is at the war memorial and we r going with zilli's... ive been nothing but pleased so far and heard lots of great things. i keep changing what i want and they are so accomodating to think outside the box to give me what i want.</div>
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • We're almost 100% that we're going with the catering from Karma Bar and Grill downtown. My FI works there, so we know we can trust who we're going with. They have a separate catering menu from their restaurant menu that's similar, but a little fancier. I've eaten there on several occasions and haven't had anything I didn't like. 

As far as the venue, I'm leaning heavily towards The Hamilton. Its super posh without being stuffy, and its reasonable to rent. AND they'll let us have any insured and licensed caterer that we want. They cater the bar, but that's fine with us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "You're a Disney princess. Girls like you don't go for guys like me." Well, I did. And now, "I do." :)Visit The Knot!
  • This is going to be long... sorry!
    I just grabbed the new issue of Wisconsin Bride.
    According to it the following allow off site catering:
    Renaissance Place
    Aloft
    Chandelier Ballroom (hartford, just went to a wedding there, if your wedding is in winter make sure they turn the heat up! We had our coats on most of the night!)
    Charles Allis Art Museum
    Cuvee
    The Hamilton
    Horicultural hall (lake geneva)
    Miller Brewing company Pavilion
    County War Memorial Center
    Zoo
    Pabst Mansion
    Pritzlaff
    Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum

Good luck!

• Thank you SO much!!! That is a really nice list. Although, Aloft should not be on the list, because I just spoke with their rental rep and while Aloft caters some events, they have another chosen caterer, and their F&B minimum is like 5-6k. Also, to fit 150 people of more, they have to split up your guests into two separate rooms! Too bad, too. Aloft is modern and awesome. I still have it in mind for a wedding night suite option! 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_need-milwaukee-venue-that-allows-outside-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:8500d569-0c26-4f7d-8470-e3c883ea4535Post:552d08d7-7da7-414b-9ce7-8deb3b7b82ef">Re: Need Milwaukee venue that allows outside catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you SO much!!! That is a really nice list. Although, Aloft should not be on the list, because I just spoke with their rental rep and while Aloft caters some events, they have another chosen caterer, and their F&B minimum is like 5-6k. Also, to fit 150 people of more, <strong>they have to split up  your guests into two separate rooms</strong>! Too bad, too. Aloft is modern and awesome. I still have it in mind for a wedding night suite option! 
    Posted by TangledMelody[/QUOTE]

<div>That sucks!</div><div>Aloft is awesome, by far one of my favorite places to stay in MKE. i'm surprised they made it on the list of places that allow off site catering, sneaky sneaky!</div>
  • LorieCorcoranLorieCorcoran member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We really want to do Turner, but we were concerned about all of the extra fees ($500 for an on site manager, $250 cleaning fee, $250 for light/sound, etc). About how much is the total cost for the space? What are you doing for parking? Are you doing the ceremony thre, too? Just curious...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards