California-Inland Empire

bakery/florist

I'm getting antsy to start looking at cakes and flowers and I'm trying to decide how to do it.  The wedding and reception are in downtown Whittier, which is about 30-45 minutes from our house here in Rancho.  We're also going to be staying at a hotel out in whittier, the friday night before to get things ready, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and all that...

Should I just book these vendors in the whittier area? or would i pick up my flowers and cake the day before?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: bakery/florist

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, cause you dont want no drama you know? drama loves weddings.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever route you go just dont be the one that actually has to pick up/drop off. The last thing you want to be doing on your wedding day is driving around and dropping stuff off. I originally thought I would handle alot of pick up/drop off stuff the day of and I was glad that I finally let go of things and trusted friends/family to do this for me. It made my wedding day so fun and relaxing
  • edited December 2011
    Don;t pick up your flowers and cake the day before.  You need to refrigerate the cake...plus, you may need to put it together.  Our baker had to put the finishing touches on it and transfer it to the pedestal, etc.  You want that to be done by them.  As for flowers, I did mine the day before and kept them at the venue but it's a stressful thing to do.  I would say to keep things stress-free, book these vendors in Whittier.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol i feel like such newbie. thanks :)

• edited December 2011
    I think a lot if not all of us OMHs were new at all this.  I knew nothing about weddings when I planned mine.  I was completely lost and really knew nothing other than the basics.  Details and all wedding planning entails was all new to me. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats how i feel. and my moms no help either but shes so cute trying haha!!

• edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Kasi. I was so lost when I started the planning process. Now I feel like a wedding coach!

"Ok ladies...you are going to put your game face on and tackle any IL's that dont give you proper addresses. You are going to have the best wedding day and WIN WIN WIN"
  • edited December 2011

I am not married -just yet, but I do feel like I have learned so much from reading so much particularily from this forum!

There will be times when my FI asks something random & I'll have an answer for him. He'll look at me & say "I bet you got that off the knot..?" ..OK, so he knows me secret?! At least he knows that I know what I'm doing.... I think...??

LoL Amber, WIN WIN WIN!!!

• edited December 2011

oh yea about the cake & flowers:

I also feel its better to put the stress on that on someone else. If you are paying them for the flowers/cake, they might as well do the set up also.

PS. I'd also say to keep your vendors closer to the ceremony/reception location so you avoid the extra fees in travel milage that they might want to add if they are further away from the ceremony/reception place.

• hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, definately pay for delivery and set up, it usually isn't even that much more.

For flowers go to the flower district in LA, they are doing my flowers plus delivery and set up, and the delivery and set up is only $50 more.

Cakes, call around and ask for pricing, then do a tasting with the bakers who had better pricing. They usually charge like $50 for delivery also. I'm getting mine through Tasteful Cakes in Corona, they're not cheap but they are amazing looking and tasting!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HC- where are you getting your flowers from? do they have good prices?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards