Second Weddings

Think we worked out some details...

So, it has been tricky trying to manage a small, interfaith, second wedding on a limited budget, but I think we have it figured out. 

So, we got a small room at a restaurant, and are doing everything there.  My fiance will be coming from his graduation ceremony (starts at 2), and we will have hors d'oevres starting at 6:30pm.  We will get married in front of a fireplace, and then have dinner until the place closes at 10pm.

So there are pros and cons.

Pros - not a lot to decorate, room doesn't cost us (but the food sure does!), no dj, no wedding party.

Cons- we have to go through the restaurant in wedding garb to get to this room (awkward), we are really kind of pressed for timing should graduation go long, not exactly a "sacred" place, we are skipping some traditions (first dance is the one that bothers me a little), and...  it is really pricey "per meal".  We can do it if we serve softdrinks and no bar, but I'm really concerned if we offer open bar.

What do you think?

Re: Think we worked out some details...

• When I had my rehearsal dinner for my first wedding, my ILs paid for it and they don't have a lot of money. So, as a compromise, we offered a set bar- one white wine, one red wine and of course, soft drinks and iced tea. Maybe the restaurant can do that for you- it's still open per se since someone can have as many glasses of wine as they want, but then it limits the type of alcohol. You could even do one white, one red, and maybe two types of beers. If someone wants something different, they can order it on their own.

• What do I think?  I think any place a couple chooses to exchange sincere, loving vows and pledge lifelong commitment to one another is a sacred place.

Only the two of you know if this restaurant is the right place for you.  What works for one couple does not necessarily work for another.  If you like it, go for it!
  • We didn't have our ceremony in a restaurant, but we did have our reception in the private dining room of one.  And walking through the restaurant in our wedding garb was far from "awkward."  Even random people in the restaurant smiled when they saw us enter.  Staff members were coming in to congratulate us and check out NotFroofy's wedding boots (which were awesome).

As Lisa50 says, only you can know if this restaurant is the right place for you.  But you really don't need to worry about walking through in wedding garb.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards