Connecticut

Anyone go to a bridal show today?

I'm so bummed.  I got called into work this morning. I was planning on going to a few of the bridal shows around since there were so many.  But of course, 2 people called out sick today and that means I have to cover because unlike those 2 idiot coworkers i wouldnt leave my boss hanging.  I didnt get out of work until 4 so i completely missed the bridal shows.  This post may have just turned into a rant about irresponsible coworkers who ruined my day because of their hangovers.  But anyways back to my question, did any knotties go to any bridal shows.  I know Cascade, Society Room and Villa Rosa were having shows.  My mom and i planned on first going to Cascade and then the Society Room or VIlla Rosa.  I'd appreciate a quick overview so i know what i missed.  Thanks Ladies

Re: Anyone go to a bridal show today?

• edited December 2011

Oh that sucks, I'm so sorry!

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about going to one of the three, but I had car trouble.  Irresponsible co-workers SUCK!!! 

• SweetSimaSweetSima member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Society Room.  I haven't been to an expo and my wedding is in 2 months,  but I thought it would be fun since my shower is there next Sunday. It was fun :) A few florists,  cakes by donna,  kim's confections (YUM!) a few bands,  a sushi station, (YUM!)  Powerstation, afterhours entertaiment.  Anything in particular you were hoping to see?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I modeled at the fashion show at Villa Rosa today. I walked around quickly- I can say that the food was Awesome!!!!!!!! Vendor wise, I'm not really sure who was there (other than Something Blue)- after the show I grabbed some food and left.

Sorry to hear you weren't able to make any of them =(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jethani11jethani11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info.  I was interested in the food, florist and starting to look into invitations now.  wow cakes by donna was everywhere then.
  • edited December 2011
    I want to one at the Doubletree in Tarrytown and noticed quite a few empty booths.  Apparently the economy is hurting a lot of vendors, though you'd never guess it by the prices and random extras everyone else was offering!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also modeled in the one at Villa Rosa. Here' some pics:

Ditto Melissa.. the food was awesome!  I sampled 3 different cake shops too! Yum! I had a great time with the girls who were there. I hope we can all do it again soon. 

OP: I'm sorry you had to work. I'm sure there will be more soon. There have been so many lately. 
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the society room (my venue).  it was pretty good.  i was happy to be able to sample some cakes (by donna), and meet some DJs.  the florists looked pretty good, too. 

*edit* sorry got distracted while i was posting, lol.  I'd say it was pretty small.  There were the 2 cake vendors, but only donna brought actual cake.  kims cottage confections just had sample fake cakes.  there were probably 3 or 4 florists, 1 table design (linens) company), sushi company, cappuchino company, maybe like 3 photogs, 3 djs, 2 bands, a tux company in rocky hill.  and then there were some random jewelry companies.  i think thats about it.

overall it was good for me because i wanted to see my venue again! and get an idea for my decor, etc. 
    Married 4/30/11
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anyone-bridal-show-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6ae13ff-6afd-4000-bc79-f72edba3c7fdPost:2f4b68ac-bef0-4fe9-a39d-948d4da56303">Re: Anyone go to a bridal show today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also modeled in the one at Villa Rosa. Here' some pics: Ditto Melissa.. the food was awesome!  I sampled 3 different cake shops too! Yum! I had a great time with the girls who were there. I hope we can all do it again soon.  OP: I'm sorry you had to work. I'm sure there will be more soon. There have been so many lately. 
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

so fun to meet you girls! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awww girls you look great in the dresses!! WOOOOT!

I went to Cascades! Check out my post!!!

Glad everyone had a good day--Jethani that stinks about work!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anyone-bridal-show-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c6ae13ff-6afd-4000-bc79-f72edba3c7fdPost:b18989fa-c9b6-4db5-b913-7b6f548f13a5">Re: Anyone go to a bridal show today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone go to a bridal show today? : so fun to meet you girls! :)
    Posted by crushme8602[/QUOTE]

<div>You too!!! I love meeting other knotties :0)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards