South Asian Weddings

Confession/ Lurker Thursday

I confess I'm going back home today. I hope Trueleo doesn't get too mad at me, but it's the best decision. Moving out to my friend's place is not really an "Indian" thing to do according to my little sister.

Re: Confession/ Lurker Thursday

• edited December 2011
    I hope it all works out for you *hugs*

I confess that:

~I have a boatload of housework and errands that MUST be done today and all I want to so is sleep! Kidlette was up half the night, literally - we didn't go to bed till 2:30 and she woke up twice more before 7. Three week growth spurt - wants to eat every hour and a half!

~I don't believe R's parents at all when they say that if we move back in with them they'll give us our freedom to parent the way we see fit and won't meddle in our relationship otherwise. (Is that wrong of me or am I justified, based on their past actions?)

~I haven't had breakfast yet, beyond a Reese's peanut butter egg. I really oughtta get on that eating thing already!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confession-lurker-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:ff10c7bd-8b6d-4548-a4dd-8a75f4cf37cdPost:0e6afd17-e7ee-46c9-92a2-75668fd604db">Re: Confession/ Lurker Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope it all works out for you *hugs* I confess that: ~I have a boatload of housework and errands that MUST be done today and all I want to so is sleep! Kidlette was up half the night, literally - we didn't go to bed till 2:30 and she woke up twice more before 7. Three week growth spurt - wants to eat every hour and a half! ~I don't believe R's parents at all when they say that if we move back in with them they'll give us our freedom to parent the way we see fit and won't meddle in our relationship otherwise. <strong>(Is that wrong of me or am I justified, based on their past actions?)</strong> ~I haven't had breakfast yet, beyond a Reese's peanut butter egg. I really oughtta get on that eating thing already!
    Posted by HisBelovedOne[/QUOTE]

My opinion, I think it's impossible for any grandparent not to comment. My parent's  piss me off when they don't follow my sisters restricitons with the boys. It's their kids so I do what they ask me to do. I would want the same respect from them when I have kids.
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Beloved -- I think you're right on target with the interfering parents.  Even in the best circumstances (like your own parents were mostly awesome and you parent in the same way), there's just always that tendency to say "but I'm the GRANDPARENT, so it's okay to spoil them" or "well, my kids turned out great, so my way is the best."

Again, not to freak you out, but I know a family where the son and DIL live with his parents.  Her MIL seems to go out of her way to go against anything the DIL wants for her kids.  I mean in an extreme and absurd way.  For example, DIL says "no more TV today," and MIL says "he's so hyper, the only way I can get peace and quiet is for him to watch TV."  Or worse, DIL enrolled the kid in preschool and got a job during those hours.  MIL went and un-enrolled the kid and called DIL every 5 minutes at work to complain about the kid's behavior.  She also totally interferes with the relationship between her son and DIL, and she doesn't even like DIL to talk to her friends or sisters.

DFW -- the wedding will be here before you know it, so just hang in there.  Hopefully when it comes to the day, you can enjoy it and it will be special no matter what.  Staying with your friend or parents for that month probably won't matter much in the long run.  I hope you made this decision because 1) it's best for you, either financially or emotionally, or 2) you really want your parents to be happy for your wedding and think this will help, but not because your sister guilt-tripped you with what sounds like a made-up reason.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confession-lurker-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:ff10c7bd-8b6d-4548-a4dd-8a75f4cf37cdPost:dfc8256c-3fb7-4f01-99bb-d152398e7b4b">Confession/ Lurker Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I'm going back home today. <strong>I hope Trueleo doesn't get too mad at me, but it's the best decision</strong>. Moving out to my friend's place is not really an "Indian" thing to do according to my little sister.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

<div>UMMMM!!!!!!!! I'm going to call you tonight. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confession-lurker-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:ff10c7bd-8b6d-4548-a4dd-8a75f4cf37cdPost:ffde9896-b241-4c0b-b126-acb8e653ca08">Re: Confession/ Lurker Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Confession/ Lurker Thursday : UMMMM!!!!!!!! I'm going to call you tonight. 
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

That's what it takes for you to call me??? lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards