Catholic Weddings
Options

2nd NFP class tomorrow

2nd NFP class tomorrow and kinda nervous because I don't really "get it" yet. My temperatures were all over the place and never followed the pattern they were supposed to and I don't really grasp the rest of the "charting." Did anyone else have problems? Did it get better after time? We really want to use this method so I'm hoping to be enlightened soon!

Re: 2nd NFP class tomorrow

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took me a few cycles to really understand how to interpret everything. What are your cervical fluid patterns like? That is the more important signal for understanding your cycle. Are you using any online software to track (like fertility friend or TCOYF?). If so, you could link to your chart and we could look at it with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_2nd-nfp-class-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:2ce653e4-2873-4028-9837-8a15cfe73ab5Post:7724f5bb-4a67-45d5-bd0c-f5ecca3153c7">Re: 2nd NFP class tomorrow</a>:
    [QUOTE]It took me a few cycles to really understand how to interpret everything. <strong>What are your cervical fluid patterns like?</strong> That is the more important signal for understanding your cycle. Are you using any online software to track (like fertility friend or TCOYF?). If so, you could link to your chart and we could look at it with you.
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

Unfortunaly, thats the part I am having trouble with. I think we will go early tonight to ask questions. I've just been using a paper chart I didn't even know about the online ones! Thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think mucous takes a full cycle to really get. You spend a month thinking about it and then, with some hindsight and knowledge of your body, it clicks!

Remember, your instructors are there to help you, to answer questions, to help you work through problems and figure things out. Plus, it really does take some time to get the hang of things. Be patient with yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the mucus is the hardest part to learn.
    as for your temps, are you taking them at the same time, and before you get up to do anything?  if not, that might help.
    also, are you coming off of the pill?  if you are flushing hormones, that may affect both your CM and your temps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_2nd-nfp-class-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:2ce653e4-2873-4028-9837-8a15cfe73ab5Post:519f6ad1-4431-4119-95a1-b13878c2d966">Re: 2nd NFP class tomorrow</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think mucous takes a full cycle to really get. <strong>You spend a month thinking about it and then, with some hindsight and knowledge of your body, it clicks!</strong> Remember, your instructors are there to help you, to answer questions, to help you work through problems and figure things out. Plus, it really does take some time to get the hang of things. Be patient with yourself.
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I was REALLY frustrated trying to chart after my first class, but the teacher went over everything very patiently with me, and now I am one hundred percent confident.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh it definitely takes a while. I'm not going to lie - maybe 4-5 months into it I had that "click" moment! I guess I'm a late bloomer.
  • Options
    MedStudent13MedStudent13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have a rediculously hard time with mucus signs? I have been preliminarily learning to chart on my own for the past year or so,  but I don't seem to have any pattern at all. I'm just beginning to think that sympto-thermal might not be the method for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I started charting Creighton (which is only mucous signs), I discovered that I had a cervical eversion which caused constant mucous every day through the whole cycle. (Also can be caused by dryer sheets, etc)

I learned the difference between the mucous caused by the condition, and when I was fertile. It took me awhile, but I eventually got it. I had a procedure which then got rid of most of the extra non-fertile type. 

Creighton gives different descriptions that allow for the different kinds that can show up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With the mucous signs, it is also important to be really conscious of routine in checking, because it can otherwise be easy to miss.

For example, with Creighton, you check by wiping before and after every.single.time you go to the bathroom. It takes a bit to get used to it, but once you do, it adds no time to your daily routine. If you are doing internal ST checks, do them consistently at the same time, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards