New York-Hudson Valley

My first check-and a big one

So my FI and I have been going back and forth to different venues because nothing felt quite right for us.  I really liked Villa Borghese but wasn't thrilled with the multiple weddings at one time.  Then I loved Locust Grove but it was just too small.  We visited many other venues but nothing seemed to fit.  Then a few weeks ago a family friend of FI told us about a friend that was opening a new catering hall in Goshen, NY.  We went to check it out (or the plans because it isn't finished yet) and it looked beautiful.  Tonight we went and booked it.  The place is going to be called Palacio Caterering and Conference Center.  http://www.webeventplanner.com/directory/palaciocatering. We got a fantastic deal because it isn't open yet.  They even included centerpieces and the ceremony.  I know it is a risk but we will be fully refunded if we don't like it when it is finished.  Anyway if anyone is looking for a place in this area I would strongly recommend checking it out. I am so excited that we finally have our place.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My first check-and a big one

• edited December 2011
    Comgrats, and I hope it is as beautiful as you imagine once it is all finished!  That's great they will refund you if you don't like it--shows that they are a good business!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  The place is shaping up to be beautiful.  I am moving right up the road from there next month :)  Are you from the area?

I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews of the place- I bet we'll be looking at them for some functions of our own someday.

I heard the owners also run the Hacienda restaurant right across the street, in case you want to get a feel of things.  Personally, I hate on Hacienda (b/c they put chicken stock in their rice- I'm a vegetarian and can't eat much there), but everyone one else I know raves about the place. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Aww Congrats! i work up the road from there,im sure it will be beautiful when it's all finished.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will be gorgeous! Congratulations on finding a place! Our wedding venue (the Grandview) is less than 5 years old, and DH and I were kicking ourselves when we got engaged because everyone who got married the year before us had the same awesome experience for a steal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I know you have been debating this for a long time, I'm so glad you finally found a place you love!!! Congrats!!!!!! Its a HUGE check :):)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, we are very excited!
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it'll be great! At least you know your guests can't say, oh I was there for Cousin ___'s wedding!

Congrats on the check!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a place! And as pp said that is a huge check!
  • edited December 2011
    It looks awesome! Congrats on the check. 

I am getting married at Holiday Inn Fishkill, the packages are almost identical, but the food choices are a little bit different.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge:Favorite Snack
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_first-check-big-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:3680cdeb-ab5b-4982-9695-59b8a581fc96Post:61202d99-ef42-4d08-96c2-35c0f27ecc49">Re: My first check-and a big one</a>:
    [QUOTE]It looks awesome! Congrats on the check.  I am getting married at Holiday Inn Fishkill, the packages are almost identical, but the food choices are a little bit different.
    Posted by kmangiamele[/QUOTE]
    That is because it is the same planner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards