Snarky Brides

It's Hump Day!

How was eveyones evening?

Any plans tonight?

We're FINALLY caught up at work, which is nice, especially since my last day is next wednesday, hopefully it stays this way :)

Re: It's Hump Day!

• Sorry, I should have specified. Wednesday is my last day for two weeks(wedding and honeymoon) lol No I'm perfectly content with my job :)

I'm really tired today too, I woke up about 1:45 and couldn't fall back asleep until 3ish. It was awful!!

I laid out ground beef for supper, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet...
  • Morning.

My H woke me up and I told him "Shut up.  It's still middle of the night dark." and then rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.  I'm usually quite the morning person but man!  I think I need daylight savings time.Long day at school today and my H is going out tonight so I'll be making a big batch of soup tonight to freeze.

Ground beef is a miracle food.  You can throw it into tons of stuff.  Hamburgers, in spaghetti sauce, salisbury steak, meatloaf, meatballs, lasagna, burritos, cottage pie, hamburger mac and cheese, sloppy joes...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:152d9e67-3b2c-47ec-aa27-37391d7bbc9a">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. My H woke me up and I told him "Shut up.  It's still middle of the night dark." and then rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.  I'm usually quite the morning person but man!  I think I need daylight savings time.Long day at school today and my H is going out tonight so I'll be making a big batch of soup tonight to freeze. Ground beef is a miracle food.  <strong>You can throw it into tons of stuff.  Hamburgers, in spaghetti sauce, salisbury steak, meatloaf, meatballs, lasagna, burritos, cottage pie, hamburger mac and cheese, sloppy joes...
    </strong>Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

All of this is making me extremely hungry! I wish FI ate more foods, I have to be so careful cooking because he's a picky picky picky eater! I was thinking maybe some kind of meatloaf or something. What is cottage pie?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:c5416b72-11f4-4fd6-a2f1-d31e28dab6d9">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna where have you been?  Is school keeping you busy?
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been here.  Where have you been that you haven't seen me?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Cottage pie is essentially shepherds pie with beef.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:b149d324-6b43-4eca-b9d3-cafe5abfe293">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Hump Day! : I've been here.  Where have you been that you haven't seen me? Cottage pie is essentially shepherds pie with beef.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Now i'm confused what it shepards pie normally made with? hmm pintrest here I come.

I need to clean up my house tonight- we shall see if this will happen.
  • shepherds = sheep, but most people just use cottage and shepherd's interchangeably.
  • I think I've laundry in the dryer since sunday- I  need to do ALL the laundry this weekend to make packing easier. We shall see. hopefully it'll get done. I also have to come to work saturday to decorate for halloween. and saturday night I'm supposed to go to Fetish Night for Rocky Horror Picture show, we shall see.
  • When I go away, I always wash the bedsheets before we leave, so that we come back to freshly made beds.

We'll be having chicken breasts for supper - maybe bbq, if the weather holds. It will soon be too cold to do it, so I want to get as much in as possible. It's no fun bbqing in the -40s!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:8fdc22eb-2f22-4067-b675-e27c37b6b99c">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I go away, I always wash the bedsheets before we leave, so that we come back to freshly made beds. We'll be having chicken breasts for supper - maybe bbq, if the weather holds. It will soon be too cold to do it, so I want to get as much in as possible. It's no fun bbqing in the -40s!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to do that! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:c6b7f9dd-6f6b-4408-92d8-dff59c269e4c">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all!  I made a delcious cuban marinated pork tenderloin last night.  But only enough leftovers for one so I left that for my H and brought a salad with a few pieces of chicken.  Boo. <strong>I like to do a small load of laundry just about every day.  Makes it so much easier to keep up with and put away</strong>.  That being said, I have one load that needs to be put away, one load currently drying, and a load in the washer.  Ha.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

This is a really good idea- if only I did it lol. My house is a disaster atm. Things are EVERYWHERE!!! I think i'll probably go crazy cleaning lady on it tonight. I also need to wash our bed stuff (FI sweats alot at night so it makes it so I have to change the sheets at least every week sometimes more) it's a big pain!
  • Tree-hugger me tries to only do full loads. It still means about four loads a week, but sometimes they do sit in the dryer. It's my subconscious protest at the weather not allowing me to hang clothes on the line!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You guys are making me seriously hungry. I can't think about dinner though. I need to get myself through lunch first.

I actually skipped this gym this morning for my headache, hoping to sleep the extra hour instead, but the dogs goes crazy when my alarm goes off, so I ended up getting up anyways. I should have just gone and worked out. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:61299051-97b5-40cd-87b6-30e9ecf5a70b">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are making me seriously hungry. I can't think about dinner though. I need to get myself through lunch first. I actually skipped this gym this morning for my headache, hoping to sleep the extra hour instead, but the dogs goes crazy when my alarm goes off, so I ended up getting up anyways. I should have just gone and worked out. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Do you get headaches alot? I have to stay on a preventtive for mine or i'll get 4 or 5 migraines a week. Taking my iron helps too :)
  • Good morning.

We have a 'do your own' laundry policy, so there's usually a load in there somewhere that one of us has in progress.  I currently have dishtowels and rugs in the dryer.

I have discovered that Carl's Jr has very delicious biscuits and gravy.  Homemade biscuits and peppery sausage gravy.  This is a very bad thing, since they are one block away from my office.  No self-control, party of me.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow night.  2-4 inches with a low of 20*.  Ick.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, they used the S word in our forecast too. Luckily, no accumulation expected. I'm still asleep. In math class. So I caved and bought a gas station cappuccino. Hopefully that'll help.
  • That policy started when my daughters were in middle school.  I showed them how to use the machine, and I told them I'm not washing everything in the house anymore.  I'll help them with special handling items, but ordinary stuff is their responsibility.  DH has always done the laundry since his horrid exW screwed it up on purpose so he would take over and have to do all of it.
  • Les, I'm jealous of your snow. We're justing getting rain here which is driving the dog crazy because our backyard is so muddy. He loves it. 

I grew up in Syracuse NY, the snowiest continental city in the US or some garbage like that, so I enjoy the snow. I get sad when other people get more than us, haha. 

Brittany, I get headaches a lot. I've chalked it up to genetics since my mom gets them all the time too. I usually function through them since I'm so used to it. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think i've decided i'm going to make meatballs for dinner :)

now I need to stop looking at pictures of food, it's not lunch time and I'm starving!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:6d46fbb5-3f90-44cf-a700-d290a0c17a6a">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, I'm jealous of your snow. We're justing getting rain here which is driving the dog crazy because our backyard is so muddy. He loves it.  I grew up in Syracuse NY, the snowiest continental city in the US or some garbage like that, so I enjoy the snow. I get sad when other people get more than us, haha.  Brittany, I get headaches a lot. I've chalked it up to genetics since my mom gets them all the time too. I usually function through them since I'm so used to it. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Same here- I only get dehabilitating headaches every so often.
  • I'm addicted to SVU too, I think I have 20+ shows recorded ATM
  • aw, tell him to share! FI and I have the same tastes, I pick whats recorded and he usually goes with it lol.

it's only 11 and i'm starving!

• I actually always try to have amorning and afternoon snack, I ate a bannana this morning about 9:30, But for some reason today i'm really hungry. I always eat cherrios for breakfast, or oatmeal.

today is soup for lunch, with a fat free pudding and wheat thins :)
  • Morning ladies!

Laundry and lunch seem to be the subject of the day. I usually do all the laundry on the weekends. I usually have 3 loads, warm, cold, and towels. I had more last weekend because I washed the sheets and the bathroom rugs.

I currently have a load of colds in the dryer, because I'm lazy. I'm trying to be better about putting the clothes away, H complains when he has to go to the laundry room to find his clothes in the basket. I finally asked him why he doesnt just take them and put them away himself? He stopped complaining. :)

I have a steam dryer so every week or so I run my dry clean only clothes through that was well.

Not sure whats for dinner tonight, probably leftover chili. I have yoga tonight for the first time in ever!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love yoga! Zumba is another favorite of mine.

I have a list of things to do, I keep thinking of everything that needs to be done, but isn't lol.
  • I have a list of things I should do today, but I have the day off, and I'm worn out, so I think I'll be a lazy bum bum.

We don't go through much laundry. H repeats his clothes when he is staining or painting so he doesn't ruin multiple things. And with me wearing scrubs all week, I don't have much to wash either. I think we typically end up with about 1-2 loads a week. I just wash everything in cold, except sheets/towels.
  • Edie - I wouldn't mind doing DH's and mine together, but he's weird about having our unmentionables mixed up in the hamper.  He also hang-dries stuff wherever he can find to put it - doorknobs, pipes, handles - instead of using one of the 5,000 hangers we have in the utility room.  He has a few odd habits.

Meatballs sound so good.
  • I just found read that a hurricaine is hitting Jamiaca, this isn't good- it needs to go away!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-hump-day-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0deb79cb-766e-44ef-8b9b-f0752351c212Post:ce4ece3e-385f-4dec-9e5f-3bb51a0a711b">Re: It's Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that where your honeymoon is?
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

Yes, we leave 11/5. So i'm just hoping it's not too damaging!
  • Yes- I'm hoping it's nothing too devastating...I'd be really sad if we had to postpone :(
  • Only Two hours and 9 minutes left- this day is dragging on :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards