Wedding Party
Options

Poll: Please Help Me Pick BM Dress Colour

Hi Everyone,

I am buying my BM their dresses and they have told me to get whatever I want. Each girl is going to pick the style, but the colour is up to me. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on what color would look best for a May wedding, with the formal photos being taken in a garden. I have narrow it to blue or green as picture below.

Thanks in Advance

Green

Blue

Re: Poll: Please Help Me Pick BM Dress Colour

• Options
    I really don't think you can go wrong with either one.  Rather than using a poll on a message board, I would advocate having the girls try on both and see what looks best.  That should be the tiebreaker.  Keep in mind that DB clover is much darker in person than it is online, which is why my WP abandoned green altogether in favor of coral.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    What color looks best on your girls?  Skin tone is a huge factor in determining what colors look good on someone.  I think blue does tend to be a bit easier to wear than green in general, but I don't think you should make a decision without seeing how the girls look in the various colors.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Ask the girls.  They're both nice colors, but one may work better for them than the other.
  • Options
    My BMs wore Pool and my MOH wore Clover, so I say both!!
  • Options
    Sometimes green photographs funny, depending on shade.  

I also think you should have your girls try them on and then take pictures of them in the dresses. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about having your girls try both colors on first. I would also add that if you are getting married in a garden that there will already be a ton of green all around you and green dresses may just blend in to the background. If you want them to stand out a bit, especially if you are taking pictures on a lawn or in another green area, then blue would be a good choice.

Good Luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    BLACK!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I'd definitely ask them to try the colors on first.  Blues and greens can be great or they may not flatter your BMs.

Also, something like basic black can be fantastic and then you can work with the blue and green with things like sashes.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for your help.  After asking the girls, we are going with the Pool Blue.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards