Second Weddings

vow renewal

Hello me and my hubby want to renew our vows for our tenth anniversary, but i want another big wedding do to the fact tht when we were maried in2003 i became pregnant so there for i had to scale bck on alot of things far as having fun my dress and just plan planning it. is it a bad thing because i want this??? 

Re: vow renewal

• edited December 2011
  • selrennaselrenna member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    yes and this is wht i was thinking i wanna make it more about my family because since then we have had three more children and their beggin me to have another wedding because they want to be there lol 
  • edited December 2011
  • Renew2Renew2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI, vow renewals typically aren't welcomed with open arms on the 2nd Weddings board LOL.

No, it's not bad to want a vow renewal. However it's not a "wedding". It's an awesome party and a reaffirmation to your commitment to your husband. Do what you want, within reason, and good lord don't call it your "real wedding".

We're renewing our vows in April. We want to include our children as well. I think there's a way to do that without making it all about them. I'm currently trying to strike a balance. I'm sure you will find what works for you guys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Renew2, it's posts like yours that make me wish the Knot had a "like" button!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_vow-renewal-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:e77aee13-207c-4454-879e-dbc11ae1d594Post:fa431708-38c3-43b1-b0bf-949703e05c7b">Re: vow renewal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Renew2, it's posts like yours that make me wish the Knot had a "like" button!
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Me too!  Great response.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

It's funny how 2nd time around bride's knock VR's....smh you just don't know how hypocritical you really sound. Think about it...You're marrying a totally different man. Which under some circumstances is well warranted (death of mate, abusive relationships, prolonged incarceration & that depends on the crime)..Many VRers would like to reaffirm their original vows for whatever reason and many plan according to what happened the first go around. Now don't get me wrong there are some " I didn't get it perfect the first time so I want a do over", but there many that choose to do what was morally correct ( & I'm not talking about  just living in sin) and still get married. I say don't judge all VRers the same. It really makes you look bad. I'm quite sure I'm going to get all types of replies, but I'm entitled to my opinions just as you are.

ETA: I'm quite sure none of you were planning your 1st wedding thinking about what you was going to do for your next wedding... Know what I mean stuff happens!!!

Dear OP,  First let me Congratulate you on 10 yrs, that in itself is a phenomenal feat !!!! Normally I'm  all for VR's and doing it big, but I have a problem with yours, because it sounds like you want a do over. I'm not trying to be rude or to put you down. But it sounds like you were able to have family & friends present, but your original " Wedding Vision" was scaled back to prepare for a child.  Please be thankful you had the opportunity to have a "big wedding" the first time, with friends & family present, even if you did have to cut back. We ended up JOPing it due "we love our mothers dearly, they sacrificed for us and we sacificed for them (that's all I will say, I will be happy to share if you really want to know).

You have a beautiful family now..I say you & DH take your family on a nice cruise or some type of vacation & truly make it about your family. Exchange vows during a sunset on an island, or anyway you decide. Make memories for you &  your children (if old enough) that you will remember and talk about at for a long time to come.

Best of luck & Congrats again !!!

• edwardabedwardab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I want to have a vow renewal on my 25th anniversary, 2014, three children open to ideas, thanks.

• edwardabedwardab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I want to have a vow renewal on my 25th anniversary, 2014, three children open to ideas, thanks.

•  My hubby and I want to have a vow renewal on our 10th annivery. we did not have a wedding, we went to the court house with no family or friends. we r still very much in love and will like to share it with close family and close friends. Now I am not having a wedding with the whole wedding dress and brides maids. but will it be ok to have a formal dress, my sister by my side and his brother at his and have our two kids walk with us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards