Delaware
Options

Alright, I need me some recs...

For DJs.  For some reason, I am dreading this.  I guess it is because one person's definition of a great DJ could be the next person's horrible DJ.I am looking for someone to keep the floor moving for everyone- lots of the classics, like Jessie's Girl, Billie Jean, Shout, Brown Eyed Girl, Dancing Queen, Sweet Caroline, Living on a prayer...you get the idea.  I do want some top 40, but Hot In Here better not be played at my wedding, along with Soulja Boy's Superman.  I want someone who knows the lines between appropriate and not appropriate, someone who can gauge the crowd and keep everyone moving, not just the young people (we will have many older folks).I also want some who can take instructions.  If I say I do not want the YMCA played at my wedding, don't play it- no matter who requests it.  If I want a certain song played, it better be played.Also, I need a guideline on pricing.  I budgeted 600, but can go up a little if need be.  IMO, $1500 for a DJ is way too much.Okay, start the recommending!

Re: Alright, I need me some recs...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rich Buchanan - $800
  • Options
    bubblyblondybubblyblondy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whats ur email?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll let you know how our DJ was after our wedding. I have heard good things. We are using D-Jay's Music for Occasions.
  • Options
    bubblyblondybubblyblondy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been recommending Don Timlin from D&J DJ's for months, but now that I've actually had my wedding and have seen him in action, I recommend him x1000!  He was awesome!  The dance floor was packed all night, played all of the classics, stayed away from my DO NOT PLAY list, and played everything on my list of things to play.  And, he was so funny and light hearted without being a bit overbearing.  And fabulous to work with, great sense of humor.  If you talk to him, tell him hi for me!
  • Options
    colleen3724colleen3724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Bishop from DJs Available. He was $600 for 4 hrs. You can see demos of all of the DJs on their website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Guy Artis from OHS Entertainment.  Very professional, and followed our instructions to a "t": http://www.ohsentertainment.com/I think it was $695 for 5 hours, although I could be mistaken.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • Options
    jillian210jillian210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Brian Lee and he was $475 for 5 hours and then $50 for each half hour after that.  We had him for a total of 6.5 hours.  He stuck to my list and didn't play anything from my do not play.  He did take some requests as long as they were in the same tone of what my list was.  The dance floor was packed all night and I highly recommend.
  • Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brian Lee too, we did have two minor mistakes but nothing huge.  He did keep the dance floor packed and was very personable.  I would recommend him.  I think I paid $425 for 4 hours.
  • Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is $1200 so that's out of your budget, but I would highly reccommend Donna's DJ.  He was awesome and he played Sweet Caroline, and he got EVERYONE to sing along...FUNNY!  And, her floor was packed the whole time.
  • Options
    ImMrsFranksImMrsFranks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Tom Barrett. The DJs are very professional but also fun. Our DJ kept everyone dancing the whole time (young and old). Their website is www.tombarrett.comand their phone number is 302-529-9200. I forget the exact amount we paid but it was definitely in your price range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards