Oregon

outdoor/indoor sites

We are looking for a place to have our Ceremony outdoor and reception indoors. Location isnt a issue. (Eugene, Corvallis, Albany, Salem, Portland, The Coast) Anyone know of any good places?

Re: outdoor/indoor sites

• edited December 2011
    Besides indoor/outdoor, what are you looking for? A place that does it all for you or a site rental that's bring your own rental? Ballpark budget? Do you want to bring in your own caterer, pick from several choices or are you okay if they have a designated caterer? Off the top of my head I'd check out Jenkin's Estate, Abiqua and the McMenamin's sites.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at BeckenRidge Vineyard (in Dallas) in September. They have an outdoor lawn area between the grapes for the ceremony, and a big building for the reception. There's also a nice big patio area in case of rain. And great to hang out on during the reception too.I know Willamette Valley Vineyards has a big deck for ceremonies and an indoor reception area.
  • mjanegoodmjanegood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Zenith Vineyards near Salem...Also, if you're a small group, maybe Ponzi?
  • edited December 2011
    We can bring our own rental stuff but if they do it thats great. Nothing more than other venues on budget so about 2000 or way less. We want to do our own caterering. We will have about 75 people or less. Oh and we dont was any alcohol at our wedding but thanks for those sugguestions. Has anyone heard or know anything about Paradise Springs in Monroe?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!Have you looked at ecotrust or aeire at eagle landing?  Also, a friend of ours got married at grey gables and that was beautiful!all of those places can accommodate a wedding ceremony outside and reception inside.good luck!
  • Mrs.FelicityMrs.Felicity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For 75 people or less you could easily host at Leach Botanical Garden.  We had our ceremony & reception there and found it to be an excellent deal, since they provided all of the chairs & tables with the rental:[url]http://www.leachgarden.org/pages/rentals.php[/url]Overlook House would be another good one for us, they can do indoor/outdoor and are fairly reasonably priced.Also, McMenamins would be good - Edgefield, Grand Lodge, and Cornelius Pass Roadhouse all have beautiful locations with indoor/outdoor options.  They do not charge a "rental" fee because they require you to meet a food/beverage minimum instead.Good luck!
  • rosechildrosechild member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden in the Sellwood area of Portland in Sept. The site coordinator, Rita, is awesome, and the site is gorgeous!
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really want to do your own catering you will have to start there by searching for venues that allow it, it's trickier than you'd think, very few venues allow it including any hotel, golf course, mcminiman's or well established businesses, be very careful about this and good luck!!!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We have decided on a city park. Thanks everyone....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards