Moms and Maids

"Reality" moment!

I had one of those "moments of realization" on Saturday. I went to buy wrapping paper for my daughter's shower gift. Standing in front of the gift wrap display racks, I suddenly realized what I was doing: buying wrapping paper for MY DAUGHTER'S BRIDAL SHOWER!!! ACK! Cue the tears. This moment hit me there in the gift wrap aisle-not in the bridal shop when she tried on her gown... LOL. Go figure. So when did it 'hit' you? Did you cry on the wedding day?

Re: "Reality" moment!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure it ever really "hit" me like others claim.  I do know that I was a grinning fool on her day.  I was so happy for her that I had a grin from ear to ear all day long.  Didn't shed one tear.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got  "tears of joy" teary twice.  When she was sitting in the hair salon and they had just finished her hair and pinned her veil on.  She just looked so radiantly beautiful that I got weepy.And the only other time was when she was dancing with her dad.  They both looked so happy and at one point were giggling a little over a shared joke.  For me, it was such a joy to see the bond that DH has with our daughter:  his little girl.It's an amazingly wonderful time jbn:  I know you'll love it all!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get teary, but when my daughter found "the dress" I gasped.  I think that's when it hit me. We'll see as time progresses, she's not getting married until October.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards