Oregon

Portland photographer- student, apprentice, amature

Hi Oregon brides!

We are toying with the idea to save $$ by hiring a student, amature, or apprentice photographer, and wanted to see if anyone had recommendations?  I have looked on craiglist and found some with nice portfolios, but wanted to hear from someone that had experience with one.  We have been quoted by professional photographers that offer huge packages for $3k-$4k, and expensive a la carte items.

Our photography needs are simple (IMO)- we don't want engagement pictures, we'd like someone for the day from the first look to the bouquet toss, preferably 2 photographers during the short ceremony, then all the pictures on the CD so we can choose what we want to do with them.  We'll probably pick some for presents and for ourselves, make our own photo book through Costco, then not use the remaining 1000 shots for anything else.

Of course we'd talk to the photographers about the certain shots we definitely want, then let them use their judgment from there.

Any recommendations, experiences, horror stories to share?

Also, we are late in the game hiring a photographer as our wedding is end of August 2012!  So many popular, expensive, local photographers are booked.

Thanks!

Re: Portland photographer- student, apprentice, amature

• We're using Brandy Paolo out of Carlton. You can find her on facebook. She's super sweet and does amazing work. She did a friend's wedding summer before last and another friends pregnancy and infant photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up booking HQPhan Photography for our big day! They are great to work with and they work with all budgets. 

You can check them out on their website www.hqphan.com.
  • I know that is might be to late but I think I might be a great fit for you. You can view my website here - www.loganwestom.com. I am looking for a few weddings this summer to photograph for brides in with similar situations.

Please send me an email at logan@loganwestom.com and let talk!

Laters,
    Logan Westom

• Logan Westom,

I believe there is a rule about vendors advertising on forums. They are not allowed to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards