California-Inland Empire

My new favorite thing in life

is to act like an old lady and complain about inflation. I was recently having a conversation about this with a friend and I just thought I would share some of my old lady ways with you. Case in point:I remember when you could get a scoop of ice cream at Thrifty's (not Rite-Aid) for 25 centsIn broad day light I will walk to my neighbors front yard and steal rosemary from them because I refuse to pay $3 for 2 sprigs at the grocery storeI remember when gas was 99 cents a gallonI bought mexican moomoos on my HM and plan on wearing them in the front yard, while watering, for all the neighbors to see. I may also wear them to the local farmers market where I buy most of my produce. I am still on the fence about thisI will never pay more than 19 cents for a banana because anything above that is silly

Re: My new favorite thing in life

• edited December 2011
    Oh Amber!You had better call me before you head out in the moomoo, I'm totally driving by to take pictures....and if it's hot-I'll stop to go swimming!
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally remember the 25c ice cream at Thrifty's, and I remember when gas was 89c.  I used to get upset over gas prices then, and now.....holy smokes!I also remember going through school without ipods, cell phones, and the internet. Yes, folks, we used what was called a L-I-B-R-A-R-Y.  You know the place that has books for you to read, it's not a storage facility for books. LOL!I loved muumuu's when I was a kid, besides, we lived in Hawaii where they are fashionable. Our kids today have no clue what it means to be a kid. =(
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bwhahah I can totally picture you stealing rosemary! And I think the lowest I have ever payed for gas was $1.75 DH remembers when gas was .99
  • edited December 2011
    SD I still go to the public library. I feel like such a dinosaur in there but I love it
  • edited December 2011
    I love the library!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want a muumuu just so i can hide my fat!!!Mmmmm DH and I go to Rite Aid all the time for the Thriftys Ice cream its sooo good!!
  • edited December 2011
    LMAO San-read that last post again!
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha MC, Sandra just totally wrote an oxymoron didn't she? HAHAHA!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im confused! Dont fat people wear them? :( Help! hahahah
  • edited December 2011
    You want to hide the fat that you are getting from the ice cream(not saying you're fat just saying why that seems funny lol)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oOo hahahah Got it! I haven't had ice cream in like a week I'm doing good!!!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!Try Skinny Cow Ice cream! yum!
  • edited December 2011
    Skinny Cow ice cream is soooo amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Which neighbor has the rosemary, Amber? Maybe I'll steal some since we're practically neighbors now!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for being neighbors!!! So if you make a left on Roosevelt its the 2nd house on your right. Bring scissors. It makes it easier and faster. Otherwise you look super shaddy trying to tug at their rosemary bush.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bwhahah does your neighbor know you are stealing their rosemary?
  • edited December 2011
    ::picturing Amber in a muumuu pulling on her neighbors rosemary bush::
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahah I wish I could see that!
  • edited December 2011
    They have never come out and said anything but I am sure they must have seen me atleast once by now. I go over there a couple of times a week. Everyone on my street knows everything about everyone. Its one of those kind of streets
  • edited December 2011
    me too!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why dont you buy your own bush lol then you wont have to walk as far!
  • edited December 2011
    psssh that would ruin the fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Good question Sandra and one I am asked often ;) Bees LOVE rosemary and I am deathly affraid of them so if I had it planted in my yard I would probably never leave the house 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :Runs to the nursery to buy 100 rosemary plants and plant them in Ambers yard:  Hahaha :)
  • edited December 2011
    I remember gas being $1.12.  I didn't get my license and first car until I was 19 (1999) so I don;t remember it being under $1/gallon,  Thrifty's is awesome.  I remember 25 cents a scoop!!
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards