Not Engaged Yet

KUI?!

Hello ladies! I haven't relaxed at home with a glass (or three) of wine in a looooooong time. 

What are you doing? How was your day?

Anyone else drinking with me yet?

Re: KUI?!

• I'm waiting for my Greek pizza to cool.

How are you? What have you been up to?
  • I just finished dinner and am cleaning around the house and petting the four kitties.  About settle down with some wine soon. 

Work was kind of craptastic today.. but at least it's over.

Anniversary

• What is on this Greek pizza? I hope you say feta and black olives. I mean what else is Greek?

Not too much. I'm packed for vacation and happy and relaxing with some wine :)

How's the house coming along?

• I'm basically chugging a long island iced tea. It's premade/bottled and not too delicious, but it does the trick. 

I may have to stop after this one though (we'll see). My period is messing with my stomach this month, as it does from time to time, and I'm not feeling super hot tonight. I actually haven't felt great all week, which is lame. Luckily it's been a short week after labour day.

I'm also waiting for a friend to pop by. She said around dinner time, but it's almost 8 now (which, in my mind, is after dinner time). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'm doing pretty well. Work wasn't bad, but nothing could be worse than yesterday :|. I went to the Y after work and now I'm sitting down drinking hard cider and eating like... spaghetti squash, chickpeas, carrots, cashews, bell pepper, lentil soup and scrambled egg.

My evening entertainment is the same as always: subtitled Sailor Moon. I'm in the middle of Sailor Moon S right now, woooooo!

• Danser, What was for dinner? How are the kitters getting along now? Are yours still hissing at everything? 

When we first brought Lucy (our dog) home our cats went nuts. I actually cried the first night because Bailey was SO upset. Bailey and Lucy are now BFFs and give each other baths.

• Still: That's a very.... interesting dinner hahaha. I had Chinese for dinner. 

I have never in my life seen Sailor Moon. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:712e2179-2bfb-4d8f-91cf-ad0f8f237a90">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is on this Greek pizza? I hope you say <strong>feta and black olives</strong>. I mean what else is Greek? Not too much. I'm packed for vacation and happy and relaxing with some wine :) How's the house coming along?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

The bolded is true!

The house is coming along quickly! We close in 18 days!

Danser what is your siggy? It is just an X for me :(
  • I just watched this week's episode of 'Top Chef: Masters' and I am the BIGGEST jinx. At the start I said "he/she is going to win this" and sure enough that's the person that was voted off. 

And now I'm watching the DNC. Scarlett Johansson's on. She's really pretty. I still hate her for saying she's "a real woman, with curves". 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:eabf9a7e-f533-4fb8-a917-21501979c070">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing pretty well. Work wasn't bad, but nothing could be worse than yesterday :|. I went to the Y after work and now I'm sitting down drinking hard cider and eating like... spaghetti squash, chickpeas, carrots, cashews, bell pepper, lentil soup and scrambled egg. My evening entertainment is the same as always: subtitled Sailor Moon. I'm in the middle of Sailor Moon S right now, woooooo!
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I sooo want cashews right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:224ca4b1-b3af-4f66-92b4-29a3c01f52be">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still: That's a very.... interesting dinner hahaha. I had Chinese for dinner.  I have never in my life seen Sailor Moon. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, a lot of my cooking involves just throwing random things together to make something resembling a stew :x. It tastes good.

I am OBSESSED with Sailor Moon. It was the first anime series I ever saw (my first anime was My Neighbor Totoro -- we grew up on that movie). I don't like the dub at all because they made the show kinda lame, but the real Japanese one is awesome.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:117f54e1-e147-46f3-9a43-0969dc815b67">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danser, What was for dinner? How are the kitters getting along now? Are yours still hissing at everything?  When we first brought Lucy (our dog) home our cats went nuts. I actually cried the first night because Bailey was SO upset. Bailey and Lucy are now BFFs and give each other baths.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    I had lentil sloppy joe's, so instead of the ground beed I used lentils.  It was very good.  Our cats are getting along much better.  My cats still hide a bit and hiss when they pass by BF's cats.  One of the BF"s cats just tried to chase my cat Cosmo,& no reason why and they like to follow my cats around the house sometimes too.  It can get stressful...<div>
    </div><div>Jen what is this greek pizza?</div>

Anniversary

• stillwell your dinner sounds yummy!

I don't remember what my siggy is anymore either.  It's an awfully long story but the cliff notes is that I spent an hour months ago trying to get an icon in there and after a cry for help with a post and several embarassing attempts I just gave up... Whatever I attempted way back when that is it's form.  I keep forgetting to delete what is there...

Anniversary

• Home made pizza. It has tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, red wine vinegar, dijon, salt, pepper, olive oil, sugar, feta, mozzarella... The olives are infused with jalapenos and the feta is Mediterranean.
    It is one of our best pizzas, not our recipe, but one of the best ones we make.
  • Gabby Giffords just led the Pledge of Allegience and I'm bawling. That woman is amazing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:ae4654c9-181e-4d4c-8544-68145ad61759">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]stillwell your dinner sounds yummy! I don't remember what my siggy is anymore either.  It's an awfully long story but the cliff notes is that I spent an hour months ago trying to get an icon in there and after a cry for help with a post and several embarassing attempts I just gave up... Whatever I attempted way back when that is it's form.  I keep forgetting to delete what is there...
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I thought it was so interesting seeing all the siggys in that TB thread where TK got bashed this week.
  • I just deleted it now.

That pizza sounds so good.  I have an appointment with a GI doctor tomorrow about all of my stomach issues.  I worry they will tell me something major is going on, or I'll learn I am lactose intolerant which will really suck and make me unhappy.

Anniversary

• Jen, I just noticed your siggy. Are you a..... Nestie now?

• I could eat black olives and feta straight UP. Loooooove. 

I'm apparently really random. I blame the wine. 

• Hey there ladies!

FI gave me his cold and I feel like crap. So I am just hanging out at home. Two couples have now been fighting outside our widow. It's nice outside, so the windows are open. This is our entertainment for the night. 
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • danser, I'm lactose intolerant and it's not that bad. It's been so long that I actually forget what milk tastes like, and I avoid things like yogurt. But I totally still eat ice cream and usually regret it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I win for weirdest SO ever he sends me this video that he says he has been watching non stop at work today...

Anniversary

• danser, I'm lactose intolerant and it's not that bad. It's been so long that I actually forget what milk tastes like, and I avoid things like yogurt. But I totally still eat ice cream and usually regret it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I will forever be curious as to what it was, Danser.

I.. I don't consider myself a Nestie. That place kinda sucks. No offense to them, I just haven't gotten into any one board. I've posted a bunch on my anniversary month board, but nothing too interesting has come up.

This pizza is  good.

mmm
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:2da3ad58-ceaf-4f5f-8c8a-5d7f12bdb561">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]danser, I'm lactose intolerant and it's not that bad. It's been so long that I actually forget what milk tastes like, and I avoid things like yogurt. But I totally still eat ice cream and usually regret it...
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]<div>Yogurt doesn't bother me but everything else does.  I can eat but like you said I always regret it.  It's sad I've been craving macaroni and cheese so bad.  Do you use any kind of a vegan cheese substitute?

</div>

Anniversary

• Jen I want that pizza. You should make that one night at the G2G in November that I'm forcing you to attend. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:db8b356b-e91f-4639-a212-b58bd0ffb7e6">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I win for weirdest SO ever he sends me this video that he says he has been watching non stop at work today... <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0</a>
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

That will be stuck in my head all night!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e28eaf82-d578-4c7e-8bbc-4c7fc0982e79Post:71774e40-1854-4f90-a8fb-c293b9c69b32">Re: KUI?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen I want that pizza. You should make that one night at the G2G in November that I'm forcing you to attend. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

ha! I would need H to come with me. That kid is a master of the dough.
  • OK, I have to admit, I do eat cheese sometimes (a piece or two doesn't phase me). I can't eat real mac and cheese without regretting it, but I can do KD haha (as long as I don't eat too much of it). It's close enough to satisfy the craving. The only time I've ever had any kind of completely lactose free cheese was when I had what my friend called "allergy-free pizza", which was also gluten free. It wasn't bad, but funny enough, that pizza still made me sick (this was before I learned I can't eat cooked tomatos...odd, I know). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I had some lactose free cheese over the summer with a friend who is a vegetarian and lactose intolerant too.  I think she got it at whole foods, so I'll have to check it out after we figure out what is wrong with my stomach,

Jen- I too will always wonder what my siggy was, it was one of those someecards thing though.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards