Arkansas

Wedding Favors- maybe be a dumb question..im new

Hey everyone,
this may sound like a dumb question but Im getting married in August and I havent been to many weddings soo..
when do you give favors?? at the rehersal dinner or the reception? Thanks!
 O also.. any ideas on bouquet flowers that go with the Tiffany Blue and Chocolate colors? Not having any luck!
Thanks,
Ashley

8-28-10 Wedding Date

Re: Wedding Favors- maybe be a dumb question..im new

• edited December 2011
    Hey Ashley,
    The favors are given out during the wedding reception.  I am not any help on the flowers, but try looking on the knot under flowers they might help with some ideas.  Also your forist can help as well.  GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Favors are for the reception.

For the flowers, I would stick with a white or off-white flowers.  They won't really add a third color, but would still be beautiful. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a candy buffet with personalized apothecary jars for our favors. The table will be placed just ouside the entrance/exit to our reception for guests to fill as they leave with a note thanking them for coming, please enjoy a sweet on your way out, something like that...
    They can also be placed on the tables, one at each place setting, or made in to part of the centerpiece with a nice note letting your guests know to take one. It all depends on what your favors are and if they would work with the look of your tables.
    Just find a place that works in your location and with your decor and make it look pretty and you will be good!
    "It is never to late to become what you might have been..."
  • edited December 2011
    Try matching the blue in your flowers and off setting it with cream or white flowers. Something neutral. And I have seen the favors given both at the reception and the ceremony, but never the rehearsal dinner (Although that is the ideal place to give any gifts you may have to hand out for the wedding party or family so you don't have to waste dancing time doing so at the reception.) :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Chocolate mini-calla lillies. :)

Started back on BC May, 2010; Had last shot on Aug. 2010
    TTC starting in November, 2010; Irregular cycles- went to Dr
    U/S showed cysts on both ovaries; Diag. Lap on March 1st, 2011
    Lap showed that my right fal. tube is centered, instead of to the right
    Left fal. tube is disjointed
    uterus is tilted and the size of a softball, not a pear.
    BFP on 8-30-11, 9-2-11, and 9-4-11.
    EDD is May 14, 2012. :)
    Babygirl born on April 16, 2012.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • here is one pic I found: They used blue hydrangeas and  various white flowers (hydrangeas, tulips, and roses) http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/12622/detailview.aspx?id=12622&type=3&Wedding+Details=Bridesmaid+Bouquets&Colors=Brown
    and I really liked this blue and brown bridal bouquet. I'm sure you can get one fresh, the one in the picture is a dried one from etsy. I like that they had a bit of green in it and sprigs of Lavender.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards